• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Your paper work never made it there. I'm not trying to upset you just telling you I sent my paperwork in 2 weeks ago and they already charged my cc.
    They do cash the check pretty quick, within a week for my last 2.
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Well, the FFL is waiting on UPS to tell them exactly where they delivered the package. Supposedly the ATF will not divulge if the person that signed for it worked for them during the time that it was delivered. All they are saying is that they have no record of my paperwork.

Stopping payment on an expired check today, and will have to start all over with this BS again (finger print, photo....). The FFL is offering a huge discount on the can, including paying for any out of pocket fees that I have incurred during this time....which is leading me to think that they dicked the dog, and are trying to sweep it under the rug.

Looking at NFA tracker, and if all had gone right, I would have been picking it up this month.

KMN
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

What a CF, you have my empathy. Not that it will get you your can any faster though.

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

*****UPDATE*****

The second filing of my Form 4 Individual occurred at the end of October, Check was cashed mid November.

"Still Pending" as of June 30.

The agonizing wait for all things Grendel continues.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

My trust check was cashed 1st week of December and i got my stamp June 27th. So it should be almost done for you.

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

I know, I have been watching others as well as NFA Tracker. Trust averages longer than Form 4 Individual.

I'm cursed.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Sticks
                Chieftain
                • Dec 2016

So as an update....

Check was cashed November 2017

I called last week and I am still in FBI background checking. I know LRRPF52 was June IIRC and finally received his TBAC about 3 weeks ago.

NFA Tracker shows people that checks cashed in February have theirs.

Hopefully I am just lagging on someones desk that has been on FMLA leave, but at what point do you ask "Did someone loose my paperwork....again?" and have to start over? Is there even an escalation with the ATF for Tax Stamps / a number to call to have someone look into the delay?
                Last edited by Sticks; 08-08-2018, 10:06 AM.
                Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

Good luck, Sticks. I know the wait can be excruciating, but it's all worth it in the end. You want to be in "pending" status over "needs resolved". But I've met two folks that were in the latter, who received a call, and were back on track after a short discussion. So that's not the end of the world either.

I feel for ya. You'll be happy in the end though.

Regards,

KS
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                    So as an update....

Check was cashed November 2017

I called last week and I am still in FBI background checking. I know LRRPF52 was June IIRC and finally received his TBAC about 3 weeks ago.

NFA Tracker shows people that checks cashed in February have theirs.

Hopefully I am just lagging on someones desk that has been on FMLA leave, but at what point do you ask "Did someone loose my paperwork....again?" and have to start over? Is there even an escalation with the ATF for Tax Stamps / a number to call to have someone look into the delay?
                    It's been well over a month now since my Form 4 cleared. Time flies when you aren't waiting on Form 4s and 1s.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Grumpy
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2018

I am led to understand the FBI thing comes back instantly clear most cases. Occasionally dark a few times, in which case a rejection is quick. However, if it comes back, say "clouded", additional investigation may be required. This can be something like having to write back to some local or state court, having some records request sent, pulled, filled and answer returned. I'm also told. The FBI check on NFA items is free or a courtesy (there is no interdepartmental payment (inside Justice to elsewhere in Justice)).

Also, just a point. If you fill out and submit forms, using a CC is generally faster (or so I understand) than a check. Checks bounce occasionally so since the USC says "...until the tax has been paid..." I am led to believe, credit cards are paid instantly upon first handling where checks have to be processed several additional steps to ensure the funds exist and transferred OK.

Also, on my F1, height of the "Hillary is sure to win" pre-election, the fee was paid inside 10 days via CC on the form. It took 314 days and went from "pending" to "Approved" and sitting on my kitchen table between call-ins. In fact I had it probably a week in a stack of mail. The F4 was a year later and the FFL did the paperwork. It took something less than a month for payment to show cleared (they submitted and used a check).

I'm not sure why people are using Trusts (unless they are already set up). They take longer to process and offer multiple people to get hung in an FBI check. (Yes, I understand about perpetuity - don't explain). But, are each of you filing state and local returns on the assets in your trusts? Skip one return and you have constructively transferred an NFA item from a "dead" or invalid trust to whomever has it in their possession. Right now, the DoJ has, as far as I know, not busted anyone for this exact thing. For years they only conducted a "presence check" (was there a trust claimed, not whether it was real or valid).

As of now, the NFA will permit a single, one tax free transfer from an individual to a close family member. I am not certain but I think a trust of qualified close relatives is also permitted.
                      The king answered, "Say this: 'Don't let the one who puts on his armor boast like the one who takes it off.'" 1 Kings 20:11

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

So, the saga is finally complete. Insult and injury right up till the darn thing was carried out to my truck.

Got a call on Wednesday that they (FFL) received my stamp - I knew it was approved on 9/7/18. I got there this morning around 10:00a. Of all the crap, they asked me if I could come back around 1:30, because they were short handed from people calling in sick, and they did not want to screw up the paperwork trying to rush it since the only person that could finish processing it was running the registers up front. Not sure what other paperwork they had to handle, but all I had to do was fill out the 4473, and pay the $.01 left on the balance.

I was beyond pissed so I just walked out the door.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

Working...
                        X