• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rickc
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by rwh View Post
    The berger ballistics calculator shows the 105 scenar L at 2850 fps has 97.6 inches of drift at 1000 yards compared to only 90 inches of drift for the 130 AR hybrid at 2560 fps. I might have some small group pictures somewhere, but here's a 20 shot group from a 300 yard reduced slow fire prone course I shot with my grendel this weekend. Wind was 10-15 from 10 o'clock. The grendel can still keep up with the wildcats.
    I would say with a Grendel 2450 with the 130s is good anything 2500 and up will be tearing up your brass. Maybe higher with a bolt gun.

would like to see quickload data on this.
    Last edited by Rickc; 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• rwh
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

My brass is doing fine. I am using leverevolution and cci 450 primers in a 28 inch barrel.

Comment

• Rickc
        Warrior
        • Aug 2016

My brass is doing fine. I am using leverevolution and cci 450 primers in a 28 inch barrel.
        bolt gun?

Comment

• rwh
          Warrior
          • Jun 2014

AR
          Attached Files
          Last edited by rwh; 05-02-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• Kilco
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2016

Now THAT I'd a sweet looking piece! I'm woking on a LVR load for my 16" with 123 ELD... 31.6gr makes me giggle, but I'm nervous about the pressure come summer time.. What kind of temp flux have ypu noticed with LVR?

Comment

• rwh
              Warrior
              • Jun 2014

I am seeing some temp sensitivity. I did some load development at 50F and there was a really nice node at 30.5gr of LVR. I did some more testing at 75F and the node moved to 30.4gr. I decided to go with 30.3 gr. That's on the low edge of the accuracy node at 75F and gives me some breathing room. I also keep my loads out of the sun until I am ready to use them.

Sorry about hijacking this thread.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by rwh; 05-03-2017, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Blazin
                Bloodstained
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Blazin View Post
                If anyone has load data for 6mm Fat Rat using Sierra 107's and 8208 I'd appreciate it.
                I couldn't get the velocity nor accuracy with 8208. Switched to Varget and achieved excellent accuracy and 2750 fps with Sierra 107's. This is with a 20" barrel.
                Last edited by Blazin; 05-09-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• rdhoggattjr
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2020

I am seeing some temp sensitivity. I did some load development at 50F and there was a really nice node at 30.5gr of LVR. I did some more testing at 75F and the node moved to 30.4gr. I decided to go with 30.3 gr. That's on the low edge of the accuracy node at 75F and gives me some breathing room. I also keep my loads out of the sun until I am ready to use them.

Sorry about hijacking this thread.
                  LoL that is my load too! 30.3grs of Leverevolution over a 130gr Hornady ELD Match. I get 2560fps out of my 24in AR. Where I live it matches the BDC reticle of a Bushnell 4.5-18 223 Dropzone scope out to 600 yds, or Strelok Pro said so at least.

It's nice that our node is in the same spot, it may be there for everyone then. Do you know anyone else who does 30.3grs of LVR with a130gr pill?

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by rdhoggattjr View Post
                    LoL that is my load too! 30.3grs of Leverevolution over a 130gr Hornady ELD Match. I get 2560fps out of my 24in AR. Where I live it matches the BDC reticle of a Bushnell 4.5-18 223 Dropzone scope out to 600 yds, or Strelok Pro said so at least.

It's nice that our node is in the same spot, it may be there for everyone then. Do you know anyone else who does 30.3grs of LVR with a130gr pill?
                    My load is 30.6. I haven't played with the 130 ELDM or Berger in a couple of years. I'll load up some at 30.3 and revisit it next week. I'm shooting a 22" barrel so perhaps my node is different.
                    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• rdhoggattjr
                      Unwashed
                      • Sep 2020

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                      My load is 30.6. I haven't played with the 130 ELDM or Berger in a couple of years. I'll load up some at 30.3 and revisit it next week. I'm shooting a 22" barrel so perhaps my node is different.
                      Around 30.3 of Leverevolution may be one of them sweet spots that shoots great from most guns.

Comment

Working...
                      X