• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cb4017
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

My Precision Firearms Barrel arrived.

My 20" PF Criterion 6.5 Grendel barrel and bolt yesterday. VERY nice looking barrel. Polished which I didn't expect. Clearly test fired, no burr at the gas port, chamber nicely done and polished.

I pushed a factory AMAX and ELD round into the chamber and they came out with no drama. I also tried some 123 gr AMAX and Nosler CC handloads that were loaded to 2.260" had no problems with them.

So I screwed the barrel into an Aero Precision M4E1 enhanced upper. No problems ejecting live rounds out of the chamber. I took her out today. Initially I had some functioning issues, specifically failure to go into battery. I guessed the extractor was too tight and removed the o-ring from the extractor spring. No issues after that.

It shot pretty good. I wasn't trying too hard, being more concerned about functioning. First 3 rounds through it were at .644". Last 2 groups were .536" and .732" with the Nosler 123gr CC and 31.2 gr of CFE-223. I fired a total or 29 rounds, cleaned the barrel several times and saw no sign of copper fouling.

So far I'm very satisfied.
    Cliff
    USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Nobody is coming. It's up to you.
Working...
X