X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Took it out to 810 yards today!! Using a load of 31.4gr LVR and 123 ELD-M going 2440 fps it was stupid consistant on the 12x12 steel plate. Really impressed with the 16" Odin tube. Maxed out the adjustment on the Redfield Revolution TAC had to use the reticle for a 2 MOA holdover.

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

123 eld-m certainly do expand! Couple pics of the Grendel in action! Also now using a Aero Precision ultralight extended mount, and a Leupold VX-2 2-7X33 with the wind plex reticle and CDS. Just using the target turret for now tillni get this load on steel and verified out to 600 yards when it's a little cooler out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Kilco; 07-19-2017, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Couple more group's at 100 yards. Shoots very consistent with 8208 under 123 eld-m at 2.255 with Hornady brass and CCI 450s. 2460 fps.
        Attached Files

Comment

• funnelcake
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

Nice rifle man! I'm going to use the Aero mount as well...don't get the Torx screws but hex (alas SLOTTED capscrews are tough to find) replacements are likely readily available if it bugs me enough.

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

My what a beaver you have there, lol. How far of a shot?

Comment

• Kilco
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
              My what a beaver you have there, lol. How far of a shot?
              Lol! Nasty ol groundhogs! First one was around 100 yards... second was maybe 150ish?

Comment

• Lastrites
                Warrior
                • Apr 2017

Lol

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Do you think the 123 ELD-M expands at 500-600 yds? I know of hill overlooking a dog town ......
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                    Do you think the 123 ELD-M expands at 500-600 yds? I know of hill overlooking a dog town ......
                    I shot prairie dogs in Wyoming a couple years ago and used my 20" Shilen 6.5 Grendel. I shot many pd's with a handload using Nosler 123 grain CC over 31.0 grains CFE with CCI 450 primers in Lapua cases. I shot dogs out to 600 yards according to the range finder and my dope. On such a small target there were no runners but they don't exhibit the high speed come apart like you see with 22-250, 220 swift or other high velocity cartridge.

My issue was my distance reckoning ability went out the window in that enviroment. The higher elevation of 7200' and different terrain than the midwest really hurt my ability to visually estimate range. It would've been very difficult for me without my buddy and his range finder.

We were in a very remote area and had no down range concern where I needed a really frangiable bullet to limit down range hazards. As long as you were careful where you shoot I would have no hesitation using A-Max or ELD-M bullets. I used the Nosler 123 grain CC because I got them cheaper than A-Max and they shoot as good as my ability in my Shilen 1:9 twist barrel.
                    Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-21-2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Kilco
                      Chieftain
                      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                      Your 22" is deff cooking a lot faster than mine, and these seem to do the exact same thing the 123 AMAX did.. So as long as you are above 1600 fps I bet you could count on expansion.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                        Chieftain
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                        Your 22" is deff cooking a lot faster than mine, and these seem to do the exact same thing the 123 AMAX did.. So as long as you are above 1600 fps I bet you could count on expansion.
                        Cool - my estimate is that factory black would be at 1600 at 700 yds in this spot.

Thanks Vascar - this would be sitting on camping chair with a rangefinder and kestrel each on a tripod, soaking up the sun waiting for them to pop their heads up. The only down range worries are rabbits, crows and coyotes....
                        Attached Files
                        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kilco
                          Chieftain
                          • Jan 2016

Decided to build a dedicated lower for this rifle. Used a Stag Lower, same components as before and used a Geissele 42 spring and buffer assembly.

Quick vid of my wife taking it out to 810 yards.

And here she is doing some fast fire on a 330 yard target.

Last edited by Kilco; 08-04-2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                            Chieftain
                            • May 2016

I'm now much less worried about a Canadian ground invasion!
                            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                            X