• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmaxx
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

New to the Grendel from NC

Sold off some other rifles and jumped into the Grendel with two builds, an 18in rifle and an 11.5in pistol. I am mostly done with them, waiting for a muzzle device for the pistol and an optic for the rifle. I am currently running a 1-6 Strike Eagle on the 11.5, I haven't been able to get many rounds out of it on the Grendel, but liked it for the money on a 5.56 previously.
    Does anyone have any experience with the 1-8 Strike Eagle? I was looking at it or the Burris XTR 1.5-8 as a possibility for the rifle. The 1-8 Strike Eagle is going for $342 with the MIL/LE discount which makes it an attractive budget choice if its a decent optic.
    Any other suggestions for scopes to look at in the 1-8/2-10 power range for under $1k?
    Main uses will be hunting and shooting paper out to 500m, would like to have the capability to stretch it out a bit further to 800-1000 on the rare occasion I have the opportunity.
    img_4362.jpgimg_3943.jpgimg_4361.jpg
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum gmaxx.

Comment

• Sputnik
      Warrior
      • May 2013

Yes, welcome. Where in NC are you from and where do you shoot? Nice looking firesticks there, and you will get plenty of input from the Horde.

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Wow LOVE that Grendel pistol! Looking foward to a review with it.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum gmaxx! Can't help you on the 1-8 SE but I also own a Vortex Stike Eagle 1-6 but I'm using it on a 16" 5.56.

Comment

• gmaxx
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2017

I live in Holly Ridge. Most of the shooting I have done lately has been in my back yard, I haven't been home much the past few months. And thank you.

Comment

• gmaxx
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
              Wow LOVE that Grendel pistol! Looking foward to a review with it.
              Thank you, I had some feeding/cycling issues with it at first, adjusted the position of the gas block a little after reading some posts on this forum, and left the mags loaded a few days, seems to be working fine now. Once I get a chance to shoot it a little more, I'll post more.

Comment

• brassbrite
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

Welcome to the forum from Alabama!

Comment

• Bruw
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

I have the 1-6 Strike Eagle and love it for the money. I will definitely be ordering at least 1 of the new 1x8 when the come out. From the look of it the reticle should be more versatile as well. Welcome!

Comment

• Red Dawn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Welcome to the forum. Great looking builds you have there.
                    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• RangerRick
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2014

Welcome to the horde!

I you plan on going out to 1,000 on occasion be sure to get a scope mount with 20 moa down angle. I have a Vortex viper 6-24 with a 10 moa angle mount and I have to wind it within a few click of max to shoot 1,000 yards.

It has a pretty good elevation adjustment range so a scope with less won't get you to 1,000 without hold over.

RR

Comment

Working...
                      X