Clear All
  • JT45
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

New Grendel Owner and Reloader

• Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

One of the most popular loads for the Grendel is 28.5gr 8208XBR under a 123 AMAX. Haven't handloaded the 123 eld-m yet but I believe it's the same length as the 123 amax with the better tip ans slightly different boat tail design. Work up your loads in your rifle, but I belive you can go higher than 27.8 with a 123gr bullet...

Comment

• JASmith
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2014

There's a ton of Grendel-specific information in the 2-Volume set of the 6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbook.

You can get them from AR15Buildbox.com or AlexanderArms.com
      shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
      -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

The magnum primers have thicker cups which resist slam fires on AR-15 floating firing pin. I have settled on CCI 450 magnum small rifle primers or CCI 41 primers. In my PPU brass I'm using standard S&B large rifle primers as they tend to fit a little more sung than Winchester large rifle primers. I think the cups are the same thickness on magnum and standard large rifle primers.

Comment

• JT45
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2016

Appreciate the replies. JA - I ordered volume 1 and 2 yesterday.

Worked up some Berger 130 VDL loads with Varget last night. Not sure that was the best powder choice however Varget has always proven to be reliable and accurate for me.

I don't have any magnum primers on hand. It appears the 7 1/2 and CCI BR4s are good options as well. I may try the BR4s and some Benchmark tonight.

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum JT45.

Comment

• JT45
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

Thank you TX. I was just reading about hunting with the Grendel. Your 507 yard sow kill stuck out. Awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X