• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gmg
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2016

Lothar Walther 6.5 Grendel Barrels from Prec. Firearms

Hello guys. is anyone shooting a LW barrel from PF? I bought one from Mark and received it last summer but have just recently started load development on it. Do these barrels take a lot of rds. to get broke in? I cannot get anything better than 2MOA @ 100yds and most times 3 - 4 MOA groups. I've tried every powder that that is talked about on this forum but nothing. Even factory Hornady 123gr AMAx won't shoot. I do not know what to do with this barrel. I hope Mark will see this and help me out.Thanks in advance.
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

You should contact him directly.

In the last couple of days he posted explaining that he is too busy to post here.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Agreed you need to call Mark.

Give us a parts list on the rifle and have you done any thing to try to make the rifle more accurate like lapping the reciver or bedding the barrel are upgrading the trigger?

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Have you checked the gas block ?
        Is the scope and mount tight?
        Is the gas tube free floating or is it rubbing something?
        Is the gas block contacting the handgaurd?
        Is there a muzzle device on it if so is it timed right, did you try shooting with it removed?

Just a few things to consider that might be affecting the groups?

Comment

• gmg
          Unwashed
          • Oct 2016

Yes I did send him a message via his website. The receiver is a Vltor MUR receiver and I can't remember if it was lapped or not. I'm almost sure it was. Scope and mount is solid. Billet lower. Diamondhead 15" rail. Barrel is not threaded, just a target crown. I have an adj gas block but will check for clearance.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

You put the upper together yourself or had someone do it for you?

Don't forget to check the clearance of the screw on the gas block and also anything like bipods are rifle slings attachments make sure they aren't contacting the barrel as well somehow.

Cheak the end of the gas tube inside the upper for wear maybe the gas tube is mis aligned and it is binding with the bcg gas key when the rifle is shot.

Check the crown maybe it got a nick or dent in it somehow.

Always good to double check anything that could be contacting somewheres and cause a issue.

I think PF is no longer selling those barrel's, so maybe there was a manufactor's issue and they dropped them hard to say.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2015

Could the scope be damaged, not tracking right or not holding zero.

What scope mount?

What scope?

Are they new are used and proven to be working properly.

Comment

Working...
              X