• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soowah
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

6.5G newb checking in.

Hey everybody!
    Just checking in here to the forum. Some of y'all may know me fro ARFCOM or 300blk forums. Looking forward to reading some of the content here.

I reload a lot of cartridges from 5.7x28 all the way up to 50BMG. Looking foreword to seeing what I can do with the 65G.

If this caliber turns out as good in reality as on paper, I'll probably replace 556 with the 65G for my Biathalon runs!

Nice to meet you guys.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Welcome to the horde Sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the Forum Soowah! I never considered the 6.5 Grendel's use in Biathalon but the 6.5 Grendel would be a step up in performance over the 5.56 without a significant weight or recoil penalty.

Comment

• Soowah
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2017

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Vascar, 65G could be the ideal round for Biathalons in my AO. My 75gr 556 loads were fighting the winds ok, but had to guesstimate too much holdover for the 4-500yd stages. It's not ideal trying to dial in dope on an eotech during a stage then transition to a cqb stage a mile down the trail!

Comment

• brassbrite
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2017

Welcome!

Comment

• Texas
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Soowah.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Welcome, IDK if maybe you'd be interested in this little puppy but the reticle is calibrated to .308 so for those ranges it Should be fairly spot on. Sucker is dirt cheap too! I'm thinking about getting two of these for my 12" pistols I'm going to build here shortly. Pretty light weight at around 14oz. Only 2.5x but that might be enough since you mentioned eotech. Good all around optic, very versatile for $180. Can mount to a carry handle directly or use the standard ACOG mounts to boot. Aim is selling them, here's the link if interested:https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...e&groupid=8045

Comment

• Bruw
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

Welcome!

Comment

• Soowah
                  Unwashed
                  • Apr 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                  Welcome, IDK if maybe you'd be interested in this little puppy but the reticle is calibrated to .308 so for those ranges it Should be fairly spot on. Sucker is dirt cheap too! I'm thinking about getting two of these for my 12" pistols I'm going to build here shortly. Pretty light weight at around 14oz. Only 2.5x but that might be enough since you mentioned eotech. Good all around optic, very versatile for $180. Can mount to a carry handle directly or use the standard ACOG mounts to boot. Aim is selling them, here's the link if interested:https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...e&groupid=8045
                  I love Eotech with hopeless abandon. However I'm not getting younger and the Trijicon 1-8 is falling short of my expectations, my 1-4x accupoint works great though.......but I'm already making plans to add a PA 1-8x ACSS! You must be clairvoyant!

Comment

• Red Dawn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Welcome to the forum
                    "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

Working...
                    X