X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Yes, my reason for bringing this up is fighting age males.

An able-bodied male without a job in the future will become a smaller and smaller % of the population, since demand will be so high for labor to sustain the aging population.

You will see more and more cases of able-bodied males and females working multiple jobs to support the system, even with automation.

How murderous death cults, terrorists, and foreign agitators work their way into that mess will be more of a challenge for them with ideological recruitment, but it will still happen.

Due to advances in technology, they don't need a lot of people, but they will be the outliers with no real rewards to offer the populace.

I can see them gaining more traction in failed states, and it will be interesting to see how Europe deals with immigration and violent murder cults who target innocents.

Again, a small arms cartridge is a very grassroots piece of the pie in this whole labyrinth. I see metallic cartridges being something left to the 20th century with the US and her allies when looking into my crystal ball for all of this.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Trock03 View Post
      we can get back to talking about how the military is going to adopt the Grendel and we can all brag about how we recognized its benefits long before it went mainstream.
      THIS!! Bwahahahaha!
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        Negative. A zero growth population is a balance of births and deaths.
        Of course it is. I didn't say otherwise.

We no longer have a balance of deaths because people are living way longer than they normally did.

This is all from the work of demographers, not my claims.

They are talking about demographic winter in the future, where your conclusion finally happens, but global population growth rates have been driven by longer life expectancies and a lot less births than normal.
        That birth rates have decreased doesn't change the fact that longer life expectancy does not cause population growth. Only births do (i.e., adding more people to the existing population).

I would strongly suggest anyone interested in learning more about it to watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZeyYIsGdAA
        I can't recommend it. Far too long and tedious for the few bits of worthwhile information.

Plus, it's more like a propaganda film, clearly intended to appeal to emotion, with the somber mood music and scenes of children vanishing into thin air.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Yes, my reason for bringing this up is fighting age males.

An able-bodied male without a job in the future will become a smaller and smaller % of the population, since demand will be so high for labor to sustain the aging population.
          The percentage will be smaller, but the absolute numbers are expected to be about the same.

How murderous death cults, terrorists, and foreign agitators work their way into that mess will be more of a challenge for them with ideological recruitment, but it will still happen.

Due to advances in technology, they don't need a lot of people, but they will be the outliers with no real rewards to offer the populace.
          So, if there will be a lot fewer terrorists, and if all countries will be concerned mostly with caring for the elderly population, then there will be no need for large standing armies, causing the size of military forces to shrink.

I'm not seeing how significant combat in megacities becomes a real prospect in such a future.

Again, a small arms cartridge is a very grassroots piece of the pie in this whole labyrinth.
          And again, while that's true, this is a gun forum dedicated primarily to a specific small arms cartridge, which makes a discussion on that subject far more appropriate than the socio-economic issues with which we have sidetracked the thread.

I see metallic cartridges being something left to the 20th century with the US and her allies when looking into my crystal ball for all of this.
          Since we are nearly one-fifth of the way into the 21st century, and metallic cartridges are still preeminent, it looks like your crystal ball needs recalibration.
          Last edited by stanc; 04-27-2017, 01:22 AM.

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            Originally posted by Trock03
            we can get back to talking about how the military is going to adopt the Grendel and we can all brag about how we recognized its benefits long before it went mainstream.
            THIS!! Bwahahahaha!
            Sounds good to me.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

The big picture is that we are no longer talking about warfare as it has been waged in the 20th Century.

That is going to have a huge impact on force structure and small arms.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

The big picture is that we are no longer talking about warfare as it has been waged in the 20th Century.

That is going to have a huge impact on force structure and small arms.
                I'm not so sure about any of that, especially small arms. Why would they change because of demographics?

I think that a far more important issue than the economic aspects of increased life span is the reported high breeding rates of religious folks versus the low rates of secular people.

If that disparity goes far enough, it raises the potential for a return to:

1. Religious wars. (Think something like the Crusades, except with modern weaponry.)

2. Religious government. (Think update of Salem witch trials, Spanish Inquisition, etc.)

Comment

• Troutguide
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2017

Um... what wars aren't religious nowadays?
                  "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Troutguide View Post
                    Um... what wars aren't religious nowadays?
                    Current hostilities are religious on only the enemy side, against secular Western armies.

I'm talking about such as Christian versus Muslim, or Catholic versus Protestant, where both sides are motivated by religion.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

When you have the possibility of ending up entangled in a massive urban morass, the ability to sustain a prolonged fight might be a more important consideration.

You also have collateral damage effects that will undermine the legitimacy of the government and order of the society if people perceive that you don't care about hurting, killing, and breaking them or their property.

Insurgents use these concerns to their advantage by stirring up trouble in urbanized places as much as they can.

The use of hospitals by Asian and Middle Eastern armies or insurgents dates back decades, complete with their own propaganda film crews, role players, and audio-visual people to feed their version of events to the global presstitutes.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                      X