• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

6mmAR Barrel

Anyone have any experience with this company / barrel?

The only comments I could find on them were from 6.8 SPC boards. They have a love fest with the company and their barrels which is great, but, well, they're guys that are in love with 6.8 SPC.....
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 04-26-2017, 04:16 AM. Reason: Removed banned vendor link
    Let's go Brandon!
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

people seem to have generaly good luck with arperformance products. Not top tier, but decent enough.... but then again... all most people do with their 6.8 spc (coming from a guy who owns one) is pop a hog or deer 100 yards out... with the rare 200 yard poke now and then...=p

Before making a purchase, give PF a call and see what they can do for you... you might be pleasantly suprised.
    Last edited by Kilco; 04-26-2017, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Thanks! And I thought I was in an ethically challenged business. There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and if someone's doing one thing the wrong way, chances are they're doing other things the wrong way.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Cornbread
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

Judging from the comments, the negativity goes both ways from both camps. That being said ar performance makes good barrels and stands behind their products. I have one that shoots every bit as good as a bhw " match grade barrel ". I was looking into the 6mm version and decided I just didn't have the time. Plus they are not getting the speed they were looking for out of the shorter barrels. The grendel case has presure limits that really need the longer barrel ie 24-26" to get the max potential from the round.

Comment

• 204 AR
          Warrior
          • Sep 2015

I have one on the way. I will give an honest review when I get it up and shooting. I have a 22" bhw in the same caliber to compare it to. Great versatile caliber that will launch 87 gr vmax at 3k without trouble.

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Cornbread View Post
            Judging from the comments, the negativity goes both ways from both camps. That being said ar performance makes good barrels and stands behind their products. I have one that shoots every bit as good as a bhw " match grade barrel ". I was looking into the 6mm version and decided I just didn't have the time. Plus they are not getting the speed they were looking for out of the shorter barrels. The grendel case has presure limits that really need the longer barrel ie 24-26" to get the max potential from the round.
            I've spent well over $1000 with them many years ago, only to have the owner threaten me out of the blue via PM here.

It takes a lot to get banned from this forum, as well as AR15.com

If you find yourself banned a total of at least 6 times between both forums, it's pretty clear where the problem lies.

What kind of grown man threatens another over a cartridge? It's really bizarre when you step back and look at it.

What kind of grown man hides his badge at SHOT Show, while tagging along with his buddy who borrowed someone else's so they can hide their identities when approaching me, against the security rules of the venue?

When I see things like that, I steer clear of them. He got banned from AR15.com for posting customer info on that forum to "punish" the customer, then tried to buy a dealer account after he got banned to avoid the consequences.

Then he openly sent 6.8 forum members to AR15.com to advertise for him against AR15.com COC, with promises of a reward in the form of a muzzle brake, to the point that they have a sticky there demanding that members not ever mention the company because of those antics. Notice that we haven't done that here.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• CavityBackBullets
              Bloodstained
              • Nov 2016

I have one of the 6mmAR Predator barrels and some 92gr 6mm MKZ projectiles in production. Initial tests show .3 MOA and 2880 fps.
              It's a simple neck down with a bushing die and no trimming.
              It's fast and accurate.

Comment

• IceAxe
                Warrior
                • Jan 2014

I have one of their 6.5 Grendel barrels and it shoots about a 0.5 moa. I have no idea what chamber it uses but it shoots.

Comment

• Herzo
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

I have 2 of their barrels, one on in 6mm and one in 6.5. The chamber in BOTH of them are ~0.012" too long using the 0.134" bolts that came with them. I didn't identify the problem until I began getting case separations. Since then, I have adjusted my die(s) to bump the shoulders back 0.003". I find it curious that the seem to have made a conscious decision to provide these deep chambers in that they are proponents of the type II bolts.
                  In that I am in the process of building a 28" 6mm upper using an X-Caliber barrel and matching bolt, I will probably change to a type I (0.124") bolt in the 6 once I have gone through my existing brass inventory.
                  I'm not certain what I will do with the 6.5, having identified the problem, I trashed all of my old brass and started anew with a batch of Lapua brass. I have cut the 22" barrel down to 20" in order to compete in the NRA Tactical Prone matches. The rifle shoots ~1/2 MOA as is and the bolt is one that they touted as a stronger design due a thicker root than the original AR bolts. I'll see what kind of life I get out of this lot of brass.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

My opinions of arp stuff are because I had several of his products. They weren't worth my time, did not measure up to even modest expectations. I got rid of them and moved on. I'll not be buying anything from him again. I'm not really worried about others' feelings, but base mine on my own experiences.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
                      My opinions of arp stuff are because I had several of his products. They weren't worth my time, did not measure up to even modest expectations. I got rid of them and moved on. I'll not be buying anything from him again. I'm not really worried about others' feelings, but base mine on my own experiences.
                      X2.

I refuse to do business with anyone that acts like a 3 year old child and has the business model of sling crap at a wall and see what sticks.

And that's just the kind of person your dealing with when you give him your money.

To many good products made by other company's to deal with someone like that.

Comment

• Herzo
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2017

I had not discovered the problem until it showed up in the 2nd (6mm) barrel. Hadn't put many rounds through the first one. That kind of a screwup by the vendor makes me feel lucky it wasn't worse.

X-Caliber on the other hand called me within hours of my placing my order with a suggestion on how they could provide a better product.

Comment

Working...
                        X