• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Cavity Back Bullets 105 gr. and 2 Boars {Graphic Images}

Well, I had two great hunts and no video because of a cable issue. ERRRRR!

The CBB 105s seemed to do very well. The first hog was a boar at my place in Forestburg, Texas that weighed 220 lbs. He came in downwind of me and was smelling the air and such and so I decided to take him immediately. DRT @ 125 yards. The shot entered the left side of the nose, traveling through the nasal sinuses (turbinal bones) and out the palate into the throat below the brain case and traveled through the neck into the thoracic cavity, missing the lungs but damaging the heart. It did not make it through the diaphragm. No bullet recovery. Going to have to buy a metal detector.

Hog #2 was killed in St. Jo, Texas. The first shot was at over 150 yards and entered behind the right scapula and traveled diagonally and exited further back on the rib cage, breaking ribs on entry and exit. The hog ran. Either Shot #2 or #3 missed and one connected, passing through the Achilles tendon of the left leg and striking the tibia on the right leg, breaking it, and then exiting. Shot #4 was a broadside shot as the hog ran and entered behind and just below the ear on left and exited about the same place on the right, passing through nothing but soft tissue/muscle tissue, making no contact with the cervical vertebrae or the skull. However, an apparent overpressure situation resulted and blood and other matter were ejected from the right ear.

Thoracic Cavity Exit...

Behind The Ear Exit...
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Overpressure ejecta...

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Very nice. Looks promising on the cbb's. I like the light pills in the monos. Sneaky has been on this for several years now.

Richard
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Troutguide
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Good to see the carnage from a 105. Number 2 couldn't have got far after the first shot.
        "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

Yeah, but he didn't know that, lol.

Comment

• Troutguide
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Lol, keep shooting the 105's so I can decide if I want to get them for my first reload attempts. Light solids are why I want to reload. I think they will be far superior for my hunting needs.
            "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

Here are two videos of the 105s in action. In the first video, the shot goes in the eye and remains somewhere in the body. My host for the evening was a bit squeamish about cutting up hogs and so we didn't do that.

In this next video, early this morning, I shot a large boar, 3 hit, two of which were not through the vitals. I was a bit surprised the first shot didn't go into the chest, but the angle was just slightly off. However, nice wound trail on it and the 2nd shot. Third shot killed the hog.

Comment

Working...
              X