• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kfbrown14
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

new and eager to finish my first build

I am a lifetime Aberdeen wa resident father of 4 and grandfather to 4. fyi grandkids are lots more fun!! I am almost finished with my first 6.5 build and plan to flood this forum with stupid questions!! I have built several bolt guns and only a few black guns I have a 6x45 ar15 and a 260 Remington on a 10 platform. both shoot awesome and are a ton of fun. happy to be a member
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

I also have a .260 Rem in the large frame gas gun platform, built by GA Precision...a laser.

Haven't shot it in years now since Grendel takes up so much of my rifle range time.

It's a combination of the big heavy case I have for the .260 Rem, lack of affordable factory ammo (that has changed with one new load from Hornady), and that the rifle is so heavy.

I need to get it back together sometime I guess.

Anyway, don't be surprised when 6.5 Grendel takes up a lot of your future range time. Very fun little cartridge to shoot that hits way out of its weight class, with very low recoil.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

From one Grandpa to another welcome to the forum kfbrown14!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Both of my Grandson's want my Grendels. It is an incredible solution - great for hunting, targets at all ranges and just plain fun! So, I guess that there will have to be a couple more Grendels in the world's populations. Welcome! The Grendel is definitly the answer - we just need to figure out what all the questions are!

Comment

• Red Dawn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Welcome to the forum
          "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

• Roadie
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2017

Welcome to the forum. I laughed out loud (literally) when I read your comment about flood the forum with stupid questions. We've all been there at one point or another and heck I'm still there!

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

welcome to the forum kfbrown14. I think once you start shooting the 6.5 Grendel, the others will be very familiar with the safe, at least that is what has happened to a number of us, sorta like LRRPF52.

Comment

Working...
              X