• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xbr10dr
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

First Grendel in progress

IMG_0789.jpg

First Grendel build, still waiting on an Alexander Arms 16" Lite Barrel & bolt. I'm going to match the color of the hand guard, on the grip and butt stock. looks like it will come in around 7lbs, if the weight of the barrel is correct, minus the mag and optic of course.
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

I like it! My first AR was a dpms sweet 16 with the heavy match barrel. I fell I love with those A2 buttstock's simple and very effective. And good looking if you ask me.
    Love those alg rails too!
    Good looking grip to, who makes it?
    Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 04-29-2017, 02:59 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

You've got great taste in handguards. How are you going to try to match the color?
      Attached Files
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• xbr10dr
        Unwashed
        • Apr 2017

The grip is from Larue, as for the color, cerakote, maybe spray paint.

Comment

• xbr10dr
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2017

I like the ALG hand guard but their colors are strange, this one is advertised as Gray, so I thought matching the color to use on the stock and grip wouldn't be a problem. Well I work at a Home Depot paint department and tried color matching, but no go, four different attempts not even close. It's kinda bronze gray in color and has a little metallic sheen to it, and our spectro just cant get it right.
          So know I'll have to come up with plan B.

Comment

• StoneHendge
            Chieftain
            • May 2016

It is gray but it's certainly a unique one. My spikes receivers on the 22 Nosler above are factory Cerakoted Combat Gray. I went with ALG in gray to see how it would look figuring I could have it Cerakoted combat gray if I didn't like it. I like it and for whatever reason I seem to get more casual "what are you shooting today, 223?" than normal at the range. The non 223 answer is a great conversation starter. It does stand out. I really like the ALG barrel nut and handguard attachment - definitely contributes to the accuracy I getting on that build.

I would give ALG a call / email and see if they can point you in a direction to go with matching the color.
            Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• xbr10dr
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2017

IMG_0794.jpg

ALG Gray compared to Magpul Stealth Gray, I like the ALG, but I also want to match the stock and grip, so I'll probably Duracoat them.

Comment

• sk8inrj1
                Unwashed
                • Apr 2017

I too dig the ALG Handguards. My ALG started off as black and is now cerekoted midnight burnt bronze.
                20170507_105828_HDR-1328x747.jpg

Comment

• xbr10dr
                  Unwashed
                  • Apr 2017

Very sharp, I'm still undecided on what color to go with.

Comment

Working...
                  X