X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

i have yet to hear anything regarding accuracy with the new faxon barrels. i may get mine build today then test it tomorrow, or later today

Comment

• Slinkz
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

Really appreciate the links guys. I'll have to get a couple hundred to play with.

Comment

• jonny rotton
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

the barrel i got shoots very very good. i shot four groups. two with wolf steel case, one hornady 123 sst and one hornady black. i shot four shots each the measured the best three. i know that is somewhat cheating. i do that way to get information. if i shoot three and one is a bad shot (my error) then i get little out of it. but with four then i know at least three were good shots. anyway, two of the four groups were 3/4". one was with a lot of wolf that shoots very very good in other rifles. i am a happy camper with the new barrel. i hope you all have similar results.

Comment

• Troutguide
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

At just 6.8 oz., this black nitride-finished lightweight carrier is exclusive to RightToBear.com and creates less reciprocating mass to reduce recoil.

This seams to be a good deal and should work really well in a sbr/pistol setup? What do you think? I hope you think it is a good deal I already ordered one!! I have a bunch of light weight stuff coming for my first build, I will post a parts list soon once I get a few more things ordered. I will say that an economy build is still not cheap I am surprised for a workhorse gun like an AR it is still so expensive for basic stuff, but I am thrifty so...
          "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• madmike66
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

I am gonna have to give some thought to optic.

In the meantime, wrapped this up earlier. Built it as a pistol, I do have a SBR lower sitting here as well.

ALG Defense Rail
            Seekins adjustable gas block
            WMD nickel boron BCG with AA Grendel bolt
            BCM CH
            Geisselle SSA-E trigger
            Seekins enhanced lower parts kit
            Daniel Defense grip
            KAK Shockwave brace and buffer
            Troy Claymore brake

Gray Grendel.jpg

Comment

• Schrambo
              Warrior
              • Oct 2016

I got my 12" Faxon barrel, put together the upper and had time to put 30 rounds down field for a function check... Pull trigger, bang, OK... I'll have some accuracy feedback next week...

My primary focus this week was a shoot off between my (new to me) Lilja 319 fluted barrel and my new AA arrival, a 18" fluted barrel, drumroll... it was a tie...

I'm not a great shooter, but both of the barrels shot MOA at 100yd with factory 123gr AMAX... I'm pretty pleased with both..
              Last edited by Schrambo; 05-11-2017, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by madmike66 View Post
                I am gonna have to give some thought to optic.

In the meantime, wrapped this up earlier. Built it as a pistol, I do have a SBR lower sitting here as well.

ALG Defense Rail
                Seekins adjustable gas block
                WMD nickel boron BCG with AA Grendel bolt
                BCM CH
                Geisselle SSA-E trigger
                Seekins enhanced lower parts kit
                Daniel Defense grip
                KAK Shockwave brace and buffer
                Troy Claymore brake

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9114[/ATTACH]
                Very nice. Might be the first ALG HG I've seen mounted. (I know I don't get out much) are your pretty happy with the way it mounts? Pretty solid? I like the DD grip to. The rest of course it pretty to notch as well.
                Originally posted by Schrambo View Post
                I got my 12" Faxon barrel, put together the upper and had time to put 30 rounds down field for a function check... Pull trigger, bang, OK... I'll have some accuracy feedback next week...

My primary focus this week was a shoot off between my (new to me) Lilja 319 fluted barrel and my new AA arrival, a 18" fluted barrel, drumroll... it was a tie...

I'm not a great shooter, but both of the barrels shot MOA at 100yd with factory 123gr AMAX... I pretty pleased with both..
                Interesting.. Thanks for the comparison results. I'm still deciding on what to do for my long guns sticks. Whatever it is I'm getting two matching pairs. 2 12's and two 18"+

Comment

• madmike66
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                  Very nice. Might be the first ALG HG I've seen mounted. (I know I don't get out much) are your pretty happy with the way it mounts? Pretty solid? I like the DD grip to. The rest of course it pretty to notch as well.
                  I have a couple ALGs. I really like them. Fits great in the hand and is ultra-light.

This is my third build with the DD grip. I do like them, but if I'm being honest the Ergo grips are still my fav. The Ergo grip fits my hand perfectly. The DD is small and light, but my hand rides a little low. But I like the rubberized portion, and they look very cool. And yes, I'm the type of person who will buy crap purely because it looks cool, so sue me

Comment

• madmike66
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2016

So ultimately I decided to red dot it. I built this to be a super lightweight small size firearm, and putting a variable power optic on it just didn't seem to fit the plan.

Aimpoint H-1.
                    Gray Grendel aimpoint.jpg

Comment

• Les
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                      Post up your builds here for people to get inspiration from. I'll start.

Form 1 lower I assembled from spare parts I had laying around.
                      PSA stripped upper
                      Gibbz Arms 11.38" hand guard
                      Spare PSA stripped Bolt Carrier and misc BCG parts I had laying around plus Bolt from the Group Buy
                      Superlative clamp on Adj Gas Block
                      Rugged .30 cal muzzle brake
                      Rugged Surge in the short configuration
                      Aero scope mount
                      Primary Arms ACSS reticle 1-6x24 scope.
                      Approx how far back is the agb? Still easily adjusted?
                      Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• explorecaves
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Les View Post
                        Approx how far back is the agb? Still easily adjusted?
                        With the included wrench, it is easily adjustable... might even be able to adjust with a standard wrench, but might be a little tight.... you can see the GB in the second window back on the side profile picture of the upper.

Comment

• jdelong
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2017

took mine out to 300Y last weekend with Wolf 100g (8 or 10" steel targets). Could not get 400Y, still figuring out holdovers on the Steiner. Ran great.

Comment

• RogueNathan
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2015

Gents & Ladies-

We know some of you have been following the updates from AR15.com. We just sent the following out to all of the group buyers:

Esteemed Customers and Friends-

Faxon Firearms is writing to you to notify you of a return and replacement program for the 12.5” Grendel barrels from the first Grendel Forum “Group Buy.” With your assistance, we found the alignment pin protruding into the chamber which was limited to this particular batch of barrels. This error falls far short of the Quality expectation we hold for ourselves and we apologize for letting you down.

Faxon would like to bring the barrels from this batch back for replacement. Due to special tooling used for the Group Buy barrels, we will be manufacturing the barrels anew for replacement. ETA is about 5 weeks from this notice for the replacement.

The return and replacement process will be handled by Faxon Firearms directly. All shipping is on us and you can expect a gift from Faxon with the replacement barrels. To start this process, please reply to this e-mail (CustomerService@faxonfirearms.com) with the following information:

Name:
                            Address:
                            Phone Number:
                            E-Mail:
                            Number of Barrels:

Faxon will send a pre-paid Fedex label via e-mail for the return of the barrel. We will likewise return the barrel via Fed-Ex upon their completion.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We apologize again and hope that our Service will earn your trust along with the new barrels.

Sincerely,

The Faxon Firearms Team
                            The Director at Faxon Firearms.

Please send us an e-mail anytime! Nathan.S@faxonfirearms.com

Comment

• Bigs28
                              Chieftain
                              • Feb 2016

I got it to but am confused. I didn't order a 12.5". I also don't see anything wrong with mine but have not shot it so I don't know if I should send it back.

Comment

• ScoutH57
                                Bloodstained
                                • Oct 2016

12.5" is just a mistype. Since a lot of barrels typically come in 12.5 instead of 12 like these were.

Comment

Working...
                                X