• Show
Clear All
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

A Fighting Carbine

Attached Files
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Love the build! Lots of high quality parts as well! What ammo do you plan on feeding it? Hoping you put it through its paces and report back.

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Great looking blaster bio. Keep us posted on range results, as I've been contemplating building the same type setup around that very barrel.

Richard
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
        Love the build! Lots of high quality parts as well! What ammo do you plan on feeding it? Hoping you put it through its paces and report back.
        Ammo will vary a little; some Wolf SC, Hornady Black and reloads. My standard recipe has been 31.2 grains of CFE over a 123gr Amax in both Hornady and Lapua brass. After sighting it in I managed a prone 3 shot, 2" group at 200 yards (the target is so tiny for my 50 year old eyes with only 6x!). I should probably wait for any real accuracy testing til I get another hundred or so rounds down the pipe.
        Paul Peloquin

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Great looking rifle biodsl! I did a test shooting CQB drills using a timer comparing the 5.56 to 6.5 Grendel. The 6.5 Grendel may not be as fast as a tricked out 3 gun 5.56 where hundreths of a second matter but in a real CQB encounter I would not hesitate to use a 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Nice build, well thought out. Your build list is all top notch and giving your rational for components used is very informative. Great build report, thanks.

Comment

• danm
              Warrior
              • Aug 2014

That's a good concept build, only thing I might do different would be a pinned 14.5" barrel.

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by danm View Post
                That's a good concept build, only thing I might do different would be a pinned 14.5" barrel.
                I don't disagree with that. Were it not for those messed up NFA laws, I would probably have gone that route. Doing a 16" was just easier. Does that make me lazy?
                Paul Peloquin

Comment

• stanc
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Looks good.

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                  I don't disagree with that. Were it not for those messed up NFA laws, I would probably have gone that route. Doing a 16" was just easier. Does that make me lazy?
                  Either lazy or smart, I'm not sure which.

I wish I could have something like that.

Comment

• jonny rotton
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                    Great looking rifle biodsl! I did a test shooting CQB drills using a timer comparing the 5.56 to 6.5 Grendel. The 6.5 Grendel may not be as fast as a tricked out 3 gun 5.56 where hundreths of a second matter but in a real CQB encounter I would not hesitate to use a 6.5 Grendel.
                    my times in cqb drills with my 16" 6.5g with a true 1x-6x vx6. are almost as fast as any of my fastest times with any of my rifles. i would not hesitate to use it for an all around fighting weapon
                    Last edited by jonny rotton; 05-02-2017, 03:07 PM. Reason: added for clarity

Comment

• Beerswimmer
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2015

Looks good, except I'd hate to have to be in a firefight with a/that bipod.
                      UT ALII VIVANT !!!

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Beerswimmer View Post
                        Looks good, except I'd hate to have to be in a firefight with a/that bipod.
                        The Mk 12 uses a Harris bipod I believe..

Comment

Working...
                        X