• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lightsabr2
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Long range hunter

This is the rifle I'm fine tuning. I have a 2nd upper in .223 wylde for more of a combat training rifle, but this one will have the long legs. I built the whole thing (my first AR) from parts purchased throughout my last deployment. I took a long leap on a unique glass option with the Burris Eliminator III. I'll post results and range reports as they happen.

• VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Very nice, what barrel/bolt did you use? From your picture it looks like a 20" barrel, is that correct?

Comment

• Lightsabr2
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2017

It's the 18" made for Brownells by Satern. I decided to trade a little muzzle velocity for weight savings. It shipped with a bolt included.

Comment

• mateba
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2017

I'm excited to read your range report.

Comment

• Lightsabr2
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mateba View Post
          I'm excited to read your range report.
          Well, I wrote up all my notes. It's dry info, but just as I'm learning the rifle, I'm figuring out how in-depth and what kind of info to record at the range. Amateur hour over here.
          Pic from yesterday: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthread.php?14122-Long-range-hunter I built the rifle last summer, and it gave me some pains during the fall while testing. I had failure to feed, I had a couple stovepipe jams, and I found it hard to dial in the scope. So, I took the winter off from the rifle, hunted

Comment

Working...
          X