Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Accuracy fixed.

Bloodstained
    And yes Lastrites that's a good point about putting the shoe polish ( or other release agent) on the ramp face and inside the feed ramps just encase some of the epoxy made it's way there. That way it could be removed after curing. Good point Thanks

Bloodstained
    As far as which product shrinks less that's preference. I just think that either product that is used would be better than the loctite method that could heat up and liquefy.
    Last edited by LWP; 07-18-2017 at 07:38 PM.

Bloodstained

Bloodstained
    KIWI natural paste is your friend, thin layer let dry and buff, I would likely put polish on the inside just beyond the ext too as well as the lugs of the ext though more will be pushed out and not into the receiver when inserting. Differently not to torque to spec on the nut, I would say a tad over hand tight but not much more and just enough to seat it well. It will certainly take a good rap to break it free once done. Would also suggest having someone assist so one of you could be wiping away the excess as it oozed out. If the day came and you had to break it apart most likely you would be able to just reinsert in the same upper with little effort but it will be a tight fit.

Bloodstained
    I couldn't agree more on all parts of your suggestions, using two people to preform this task is essential. And applying more paste in the receiver areas would help prevent epoxy mishaps.

Unwashed
    There exists a high temp and high vibration resistant thread locker that is NOT high strength. Its called Rocksett.
    From my experience, Rocksett has about the strength of blue locktite, but with heat resistance up to 2,015 degrees F.
    If for some reason its stubborn getting apart, you can break it down in water.
    This is the thread locker that most silencer companies use in place of crush washers. As far as I know, no silencer company recommends the use of a crush washer with their muzzle adapters.

Bloodstained
    To the OP - Out of curiosity, did you reset the barrel prior to the lapping procedure to try and fix the problem? Shooting 8" groups seems like something would have had to be loose. Glad you got it fixed, but struggling to accept that the lapping alone made that big a difference.