X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Tex- I have chamber specs same as yours-- it's a normal , or close to AA spec chamber. Never had a problem.

I bought some sst 123 on the original Group buy thru Bob Stokes. Din't like the specs, so I sold them. I prefer the 129 as the sst heavy. Those can be loaded to 2.260 easily.

Clean your chambers guys! and the throat- leade area. Don't oil it! Or the barrel !

The rest of Barrel cleaning here is -once in a while.

Some of you guys may have a short chamber, do you have calipers?

Get a setup to measure your contact to rifling- so each bullet can be safely loaded. No Kabbooomz!
    Last edited by sneaky one; 06-06-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• DJudge
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2017

Update - Barrel and Bolt were returned to Alexander Arms and they stated it passed the Go/No-Go test so nothing done and returned it to me. Upon receiving it I built upper and it went together flawlessly and looks great. Function test with Wolf 100gr Steel Case ammo was good to go but Hornady 123gr stuck and required much force to open action. Another call to Alexander resulted in them stating that barrel hadn't had finish ream performed prior to shipping. Barrel swapped out and passed functional testing with all types of ammo being used. Testing at range has been going very well and I am very impressed with the 6.5 Grendel's performance up to 300 yards (longest range available but looking for longer one). Gathering reloading data and supplies so that I can begin reloading my own to see if performance can be improved at all.

Comment

• Lastrites
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

So your saying they swapped out the barrel and the replacement is having factory rounds sticking? My comprehension screws may be cross threaded.

Comment

• DJudge
          Bloodstained
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
          So your saying they swapped out the barrel and the replacement is having factory rounds sticking? My comprehension screws may be cross threaded.
          No. Any and all Hornady factory ammo stuck in the chamber of the original barrel (dropping them in under gravity or by closing the action) but Wolf factory ammo didn't stick (dropping them in under gravity or by closing the action). Sent back to factory and they checked with Go / No-Go and said there were no issue and returned it to me. I found it to have the same problem as before called them back and then they said some barrels didn't have finish hone performed. At this time I had them send me a replacement. Zero problems were noticed performing same test prior to and after building upper as well as after several trips to the range. It functions flawlessly with any factory ammo that I have used. Credit Alexander Arms for working with me to resolve issue.

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

Ahh ha, good for you and them with the resolve. Sounds like you have a nice build that should serve you well!
            Last edited by Lastrites; 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X