More Cavity Back Bullets (MKZ 105 gr) on BIG Hog and Coyote...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

More Cavity Back Bullets (MKZ 105 gr) on BIG Hog and Coyote...

...and maybe some beaver if we find them.

Ever see one of those videos where a train hits a snow bank and the snow just explodes into the sky? That is what this boar did as he tried to run away, but instead of snow, he did it with plain old earth.

The evaluation on the Cavity Back Bullets is going well. Recovered two from the boar. They did a nice job on the boar at distance.

Still waiting on the landowner to let me know about the beavers from last night. We were on one of his remote ponds. I am hopeful that one or more will float to the surface today and he will find them, but who knows? We had broken open a portion of their dam. If it doesn't get repaired, then I am thinking the beavers have been handled, for now.

Video...
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

I am always impressed in your ability to lead with that reticle and score a hit.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Les
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Good job.
      Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

Here is another from last night, no coyote, however...

This was a neat opportunity to intentionally be able to make a what would be a poor shot on a hog and to see what the damage would be while not torturing the hog in the process. I teamed up with Ben who was testing his own ammo and so while he was head shooting the hog, I was hip shooting it.

I don't know what happened to his bullet. It didn't exit, but we could not find it. I think it is somewhere inside the head. When we could not find it in the neck, I told Ben to squish the head and see if it flexed. He did and the head made all sorts of crunchy noise. The entire thing was riddled with fractures. Given the extensive trauma to the head and neck areas, I am inclined to believe that his bullet disintegrated, though his opinion may vary. Either way, we have nothing to show for it.

My CBB MKZ 105 gr. bullet blasted through the femur and exited on the opposite side of the bone. For such a lightweight bullet, it penetrated well after going through bone and did a lot of soft tissue damage.

It was a fine hunt. I like nothing better than planning on spending several hours waiting on a hog only to have it show up after just one, especially when we didn't know if it was coming anymore.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

Working...
        X