• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warthog
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2017

Capt. Morgan,
    Have you received the Terminus? Any comments?

Comment

• acourvil
      Warrior
      • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Hunter307 View Post
      If it's just on a regular short action, why even consider the grendel?
      Barrel life.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

+1 to kmon - I did a 300WM for many years. Shot a smallish deer at about 30yds and all that was left was a mess. Too much gun! And it quit being fun to shoot. Did an '06 for several decades and it lost the "it's fun to shoot!" factor. Still have it, still shoot it ( rarely ). Now have a whole cupboard of Grendels - MSR's and bolt guns. Love to shoot 'em! Can let my Grandkids shoot 'em! Can let the neighbor's younger ( pre-teen ) kids shoot 'em. They get the job done for almost anything south of the Canadian border and they are fun to shoot. As I have stated before, have a nephew paralyzed from mid-back down and he can shoot 'em and loves it! The Grendel is not "The Perfect" round but it is as close as anything around at present.

Comment

• howl
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

I'm in the mini action or bust camp for the Grendel. For most short action cartridges, I'm annoyed I can't get a LH Model Seven. I went to a lot of trouble to get a Browning super short action to better match 25 WSSM/.260 Remington/6.5CM performance/form factor. It's not like long actions don't shoot. And it's not like you have to put all the powder in a case will hold, neither. Annnd, I have killed truckloads of whitetails small and large at close range using a 300WM with soft deer bullets. The destruction to the meat depends entirely on where you place the bullet. You don't even have to do head shots if you don't like. Something that smokes as fast as a hot .300 mag allows you to put it in the back of the lungs and still drop them fairly quick.

So, the case for the Grendel on the short action is just about all wantsies. Getting what you want is awesome. There is no need to justify, but it is amusing to debate.

Comment

• Capt. Morgan
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Warthog View Post
            Capt. Morgan,
            Have you received the Terminus? Any comments?
            Not yet.

Mark Hostetter sent out a customer email on July 17th updating the status of the business and delivery times. Looks like sometime this month (August) on the rifles with Remington based actions.

By happy coincidence, the BATF paperwork on my Thunder Beast 6.5 Ultra 7 should be done about the same time ...

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Show me a 6-7lb 6.5mm bolt gun that doesn't move off of sight picture much at all with a sporter profile barrel and no muzzle brake, because that's what these little Micro Action Grendels do.

I would like a little action like a Rem 700 size that allows 2.500" COL so I can place the boat tail-to-shank junction at the shoulder-neck location with 130s and mag-feed.

That said, it works just fine right now with 123gr AMAX. No real recoil to speak of, will make an excellent training rifle for the kids' first centerfire.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Capt. Morgan View Post
                Not yet.

Mark Hostetter sent out a customer email on July 17th updating the status of the business and delivery times. Looks like sometime this month (August) on the rifles with Remington based actions.

By happy coincidence, the BATF paperwork on my Thunder Beast 6.5 Ultra 7 should be done about the same time ...
                BATF only took 3 months.......?
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Capt. Morgan
                  Bloodstained
                  • Oct 2015

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                  BATF only took 3 months.......?
                  No. Submitted the paperwork on the TBAC in early January, expecting it "any day now".

In January, I was still waiting for the CZ vs. Howa thing to play out. Stayed on the sidelines then heard PF was in the game. Love my PF Grendel, so ordered the bolt gun with them in April. Or May. Can't quite remember at this moment. Distant past.

Always wanted a can, and always wanted a bolt action Grendel. Plan to share the can between the AR and bolt gun. Just a happy coincidence the can and bolt gun will arrive at the same time. Sorta maybe.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Capt. M would you please post pictures and range report on your PF bolt gun and can. I really enjoy see members unique firearms!

Comment

• Waynejessie
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
                      That's why I am awaiting a CZ American in 6.5 Grendel, plus I like the warmth of blued steel and walnut..
                      I'm with you on steel and walnut. CZ understands that there are hundreds of thousands of us that still like old school. I'm going to try to order a CZ in 6.5 but I know they are scarce as hen's teeth.

Comment

Working...
                      X