• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt. Morgan
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

New Player for Grendel Bolt Action Rifles

I just received an email from Precision Firearms announcing three new offerings - Terminus I, II, and III. It does not appear to be on the website yet.

From the email:

"We are introducing 3 new Bolt Action Rifles: The Terminus I, Terminus II, Terminus III. Available in 204 Ruger, 223 Wylde, 6.5 Grendel, 300AAC, 6mm Creedmoor, 6.5x47, 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Remington, 7mm-08, 308 Win, 300 Win Mag, 6.5x284 Norma, 338 Lapua Magnum.

The Terminus I Using Trued Remington 700 Action, Magpul Stock, Timney Trigger and Criterion Barrel (threaded), Seekins 20 MOA Scope Rail. $1500 to $1800

The Terminus II is Built with Blue Printed Remington 700 by PTG, PTG Spiral Fluted Tactical Bolt, Magpul Stock, Timney Trigger, Threaded Bartlien Barrels, Seekins 20 MOA Scope Rail. $1800 to $2200

The Terminus III is Built with Stiller Precision Tac 30 Action with 20 MOA Rail, Threaded Proof Research Barrel, Magpul Stock, Choice of Timney or TriggerTech Trigger $2800 to $3200"
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Sweet!!
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Precision firearms already posted here this morning.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...of-Bolt-Rifles!

Comment

• Hunter307
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2017

If it's just on a regular short action, why even consider the grendel?

Comment

• Drift
          Warrior
          • Nov 2014

Reasons to consider a Grendel on a regular short actions (1) I shoot at crows at 1000 yards so a regular short actions like .308 have extra recoil I dont need or like. (2) I reload and I can use less powder in the Grendel then a regular short action (3)I allready have Grendels for hunting/night hog hunting/tactical /so if this PF rifle meets my needs in Gredel, adding a heavier regular short action caliber would be quit vexing.

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hunter307 View Post
            If it's just on a regular short action, why even consider the grendel?
            Blasphemy!

I nominate hunter307 for eviction from the horde!!
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Hunter307
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Drift View Post
              Reasons to consider a Grendel on a regular short actions (1) I shoot at crows at 1000 yards so a regular short actions like .308 have extra recoil I dont need or like. (2) I reload and I can use less powder in the Grendel then a regular short action (3)I allready have Grendels for hunting/night hog hunting/tactical /so if this PF rifle meets my needs in Gredel, adding a heavier regular short action caliber would be quit vexing.
              Perhaps the 6.5x47, .260rem, 6mm creedmoor, or 6.5creedmoor is worth a look since they are low recoiling and could actually take advantage of the short action (especially the 6mm creedmoor with long 108-115gr bullets).

Don't get me wrong I see the allure of the Grendel in a mini action or AR.

Comment

• SDguy
                Warrior
                • Oct 2015

At the risk of being evicted I will share

My feelings concur with Hunter 307

Comment

• jkingrph
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2014

Perhaps the 6.5x47, .260rem, 6mm creedmoor, or 6.5creedmoor is worth a look since they are low recoiling and could actually take advantage of the short action (especially the 6mm creedmoor with long 108-115gr bullets).

Don't get me wrong I see the allure of the Grendel in a mini action or AR.
                  That's why I am awaiting a CZ American in 6.5 Grendel, plus I like the warmth of blued steel and walnut..
                  Member before 2010, account deleted per 2011 spam attack

Comment

• kmon
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2015

If you are looking for more than the Grendel will do in a boltaction why stop at the 5.5X47, 6.5 Creedmoor,260 Rem or 6.5X55 which are all essentially ballistic quintuplets. In a short action go for 6.5-284, 6.5GAP or 6.5 Rem Mag if you are looking for more horse power why stop in the middle when other rounds will out preform the darlings of the minute.

To me the Grendel is a great balance of being enough performance for most of my shooting with great accuracy, low recoil, easy on the powder usage, long barrel and brass life and enough power for about anything I hunt. When building a new boltaction a couple years ago I was about to build on a Remington 700 that is in the safe but then found a CZ 7.62X39 at a good price and so went that route for a light weight hunting rifle in Grendel. I had many tell me I was crazy that I needed more speed/power/reach they stopped when I just pointed out if I want that I will just pull the 6.5-284 or 264Win Mag from the safe.

I know some think you should max out the performance of what ever action you are using, but if you don't need the extra umph why pay the extra price for it.

Comment

• SDguy
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by jkingrph View Post
                      That's why I am awaiting a CZ American in 6.5 Grendel, plus I like the warmth of blued steel and walnut..

Look forward to hearing your reports on your incoming American 6.5 Grendel.

I could not wait and settled for a rebarreling a CZ 527 7.62 x 39. Have to say I have been Quite pleased with this rifle as a deer rifle. She don't look bad either, even with the 24 " LW 1 in 9 SS barrel & the Boyds thumb-hole stock.

I was pleasantly suprised with Leverevolution under a 129 gr core lock.

Suppose if a guy wishes to put this fine cartridge an a longer action, Who am I to fault them?

Comment

• jkingrph
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by SDguy View Post
                        Look forward to hearing your reports on your incoming American 6.5 Grendel.

I could not wait and settled for a rebarreling a CZ 527 7.62 x 39. Have to say I have been Quite pleased with this rifle as a deer rifle. She don't look bad either, even with the 24 " LW 1 in 9 SS barrel & the Boyds thumb-hole stock.

I was pleasantly suprised with Leverevolution under a 129 gr core lock.

Suppose if a guy wishes to put this fine cartridge an a longer action, Who am I to fault them?
                        I'm not about to fault anyone, after all it's a free country, in most aspects, and we all have different tastes. The Precision arms guns are too expensive for my budget, being mostly retired. I could buy anywhere from two to five CZ rifles for the price of one of theirs, more if you consider some of the upgrade options

About 7-8 years ago I built 3 AR types, in different configurations, in 6.5 Grendel, and quickly entertained the idea of a bolt or single shot, ie Ruger #1, in the Grendel. Converting a CZ carbine has not been high on my list of things to do, as I do not care for the carbine stock, and would basically trash everything but the receiver and bottom metal, hence I am excited about the new CZ 527 American coming out. I have an older 527 Prestige in 22 Hornet and like the configuration which the American looks to be much the same.

I have gotten a couple of email updates from CZ, the latest from about two weeks ago saying it should release in two to four weeks, so any day now. I do have a deposit and pre order on one, so am on the committed list for the first batch coming in. I am hoping to get it before Memorial day as we are going over to La. where we have another house that is very close to an excellent parish range.

Comment

• Hunter307
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2017

You can buy just the action..

Comment

• jkingrph
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2014

Had I not already put a deposit down for a complete rifle, that might be an option. $340 for action, 160-190 for stock from cz, comes to 500 +/- a little. Then there is the problem of a barrel and having it installed. I honestly do not know of anyone in my area that does this. There is one shop but their focus is on AR types, suppressors, ect. I do not know if they could do metric threads for fitting a barrel, and suspect that the price for all that would exceed $233 which would bring me to $733, the price of a complete new rifle from CZ. I think I shall wait, been doing it for a long time now, so a few weeks or months will not matter.

Comment

• Capt. Morgan
                              Bloodstained
                              • Oct 2015

Ok, I ordered the Terminus I last night. 16" barrel and Trigger Tech upgrade. Should look quite nice wearing the ThunderBeast Ultra7.

Assuming of course, the paperwork on the suppressor gets completed in my lifetime ...

Based on my experience with my Precision Firearms AR in 6.5G the Terminus should exceed expectations.

Once my wallet recovers, the question will be to Camo or not to Camo.

Comment

Working...
                              X