X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Troutguide
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Finally Finished!!! Still have to test it all out and bed the GB. Weighs in at 6lb 13oz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Troutguide; 09-20-2017, 08:29 PM.
    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• brian y
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Nice looking build.
      NRA Endowment Member, GOA Life Member, FPC Member, VDL Member

Comment

• Troutguide
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

Thanks. i am trying to find some time to get it to a range, that will tell the tale. It don't mater how it looks if it don't work, hoping for the best. I am not worried about the barrel but the build is all an experiment on my part.

Comment

• Troutguide
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

Muhahahaa. It's alive!!! Took it to the range today and it didn't blow up in my face. I started with the GB closed it didn't lock back so I opened it up one full turn and it stayed back so I closed it down to 1/4 turn and it didn't lock so just a half turn open and it ran great with Hornady 123sst and Wolf 100. I can't say where the brass landed as they use a screen to block flying brass. It did dent the necks upon hitting the deflector just like some say is normal. I already posted my best groups on the other build thread but here they are. The first is Wolf 100 and second is 123SST both 5 shots at 50yds, dumb range has 16"+ rule for the 100yd range. I will find a place to shoot at 100 or 200 and dial in the final scope settings. The SST group would have been superb if i hadn't pulled the one shot high. I didn't get to rapid fire(range rule) but a nice steady pace gave good results with both ammo. I will shoot better next time since I won't be flustered by the whole AR thing and not knowing if it would even cycle.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Troutguide; 09-22-2017, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Troutguide
            Warrior
            • Jan 2017

Just scored a great deal on a scope. Regularly $329.99 got it for $275.65 they must have only had one. This will go on my howa and the 3x9 Nikon will go this build.
            Last edited by Troutguide; 09-24-2017, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X