• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbw
    Unwashed
    • May 2017

Waiting on Grendel build

Hello from NE Florida. Long time shooter, AR lover and expectant Grendel owner within the next 2 weeks. Already have ammo and all reloading dies and components. Gonna start with CFE 223. Retiring in 1 week so plan to have a lot of range time. YIPPEEEEEEE!!!! Just wanted to say hi and hope to catch up on a lot of reading on this site. (Oh and no lie, today is my birthday, too......... (send cash or ammo)...
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

Hey happy birthday, friend!! And happy retirement! I still have another 30 years to go...lol.. what components did ypu choose for your first build? Lots of guys are having huge success with CFE223 so that's a great starting powder!

Comment

• Bigs28
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2016

Yah, let's see the specs

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum dbw, I've got to say I'm enjoying retirement, I hope you do to!

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum DBW.

Comment

• dbw
            Unwashed
            • May 2017

Patriot Rifleworks Custom Upper
            18" AA 6.5 GRENDEL SS Match Barrel
            6.5 Grendel Muzzle Brake
            AA 6.5 Grendel Type 2 Heavy-duty Bolt
            Nib Bolt Carrier
            BCM Mod 4 Charging Handle
            Mid-length Gas System
            PRW M-Lok Handguard
            FDE Cerakote

This builder has become a friend over the past 2 years. (perhaps a costly mistake...........LOL) He build me an awesome AR that I'm going to put this Grendel upper on and also built a brute of an upper for my AR-10.
            Last edited by dbw; 05-08-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• dbw
              Unwashed
              • May 2017

Bought Hornady dies, AA and Hornady brass. Starting out with 2 boxes each of 90gr TNT's, 125gr partitions, 120gr Sierra spitzers, 123gr SST's
              I had the opportunity to speak with Bill Alexander last week in Atlanta and he told me something I hadn't thought of. Due to the moderate velocity of the Grendel the more pedestrian bullets could outperform the premium bullets in terms of terminal ballistics. As much as I am a big fan of the partitions they may be an unnecessary expense for a deer round. I'm thinking now that the 100gr partition maybe would have been a better choice. I thought it was interesting though. I still want to test them all for accuracy anyway.
              Last edited by dbw; 05-08-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Red Dawn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Welcome keep us posted on your findings.
                "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country." James Madison

Comment

Working...
                X