X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

The case on the far right looks as if it has been handloaded with too much lubricant on the neck and shoulder. Are these handloads or factory? If they are handloads, what is the powder, charge, and bullet weight?
    Do you have a standard gas block and/or a standard bolt carrier? If you do, you may want to consider putting both in the rifle and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes away, then replace one and retest.
    Also, I did not see what buffer and spring you are using.

Comment

• Mindreader1
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

All factory Hornady ELD Black Match. I don't reload yet.
      Originally posted by Texas View Post
      The case on the far right looks as if it has been handloaded with too much lubricant on the neck and shoulder. Are these handloads or factory? If they are handloads, what is the powder, charge, and bullet weight?
      Do you have a standard gas block and/or a standard bolt carrier? If you do, you may want to consider putting both in the rifle and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes away, then replace one and retest.
      Also, I did not see what buffer and spring you are using.

Comment

• terrywick4
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

it looks like an extractor pin problem. Some have taken an o ring out, some have put one in. I had to put a chamfer on my extractor pin so that when the bolt is picking up a shell it slides across the pin and depresses it letting the cartridge go in to the chamber straight instead of getting hung up on the side of the pin and the shell getting hung up on lugs. some have shortened the extractor spring for the pin. There has been numerous threads on this.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
          VASCAR2, If you close the adjustable gas key as much as possible wouldn't that be the same as useing a adjustable gas block to turn off the gas to the bcg.

I will admit I'm not totally sure how a adjustable gas key bcg works compared to a adjustable gas block.

I would think you would need to open the adjustable gas key to full power to allow it to work like a normal bcg would and then use the adjustable gas block to tame the gas down.
          Your right, turning the screw in all the way on the adjustable gas bolt carrier would make it like a single shot. In my brain I was thinking of moving the screw in to where it would act like it wasn't even there. So you'd need to open the bolt carrier gas all the way and use the gas block on the barrel to regulate the gas. To be honest I'd buy a Premium 5.56 bolt carrier group on sale with free shipping from Palmetto State Armory and keep the 5.56 bolt for a spare. I'd use the PSA carrier on this build and save the adjustable gas bolt carrier for later or sell it.

Comment

• Mindreader1
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

An update - took it to the range again today and indeed it was a gas issue. Turned the gas block set screw out and it reloaded just fine. Need to work on my accuracy still but thanks everyone for your help! Glad to be a Grendel owner!

Comment

• diddlyv
              Warrior
              • Aug 2016

We all have ah ha moments periodically.
              Queen of Battle
              Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

Working...
              X