• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grayfox
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2017

Getting Grendel bbl from Pac-Nor: On the way

Well. Back several weeks ago when the howa mini-actions seemed dried up (esp in a 20" heavy, threaded barrel I wanted), I found and ordered a savage replacement barrel from Pac-Nor for a re-make I would do, then voila! I would have a sweet grendel bolt-action...
    The Pacnor site said 8-10 weeks..... not so true, we're way past that now.

More frustrating is, when I call them, it's like nagging info out of your kid to get any useable information. They can't even say how much longer they think it will take.
    Well, it's coming along. It's coming soon. No ability to say "it's in the xyz phase and this takes x days, then comes abc then defg, so we're basically at blah blah weeks away. The best I get is... well let me check. Ok it's doing ok, just takes some more time.

All of which leaves me with no useable forecast, no honest-to-goodness customer-service info of when they expect it to be finished.
    Come on this is not rocket science!!!

Anyway... the time may come when I have to debate just pulling the plug on them and seeing if I can find that elusive howa mini after all!
    I don't know. Just sitting here frustrated.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 06-24-2017, 04:24 PM. Reason: Updated Scenar-L BC's
    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
  • wog13
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2016

sorry to hear its taking so long . i just got an e-mail from match grade machine they are now offering prefit barrels for savages. i did not get a complete listing, but maybe they can put one together for you. good luck

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by wog13 View Post
      sorry to hear its taking so long . i just got an e-mail from match grade machine they are now offering prefit barrels for savages. i did not get a complete listing, but maybe they can put one together for you. good luck
      Thanks. Just went to their site, the only grendels seem to be for the encore.

Comment

• wog13
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2016

you are correct on the website, encore barrels in 6.5 grendel are listed. i checked my e-mail they said if there was a custom barrel not in stock they could make it in the prefits. sorry i do not have a contact number for them.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Thread update... PacNor has shipped the barrel finally. So I'm waiting for its arrival.
          In the meantime I've disassembled my bolt, put on a longer handle and a PTG bolt head for my 6.5 Gr.
          Tomorrow a Bell/Carlson stock should arrive. Then the barrel on Friday.
          I have go and no-go gauges standing at the ready, new barrel nut and recoil lug as well.
          For any who have not (yet) done this be aware that little "boogers" can crop up! Like the extractor detent ball; this lil sucker has a tendency to sproing away from you... (several times for me in fact!!!) when trying to re-assemble the extractor.
          I recommend that you have some savage bolt spare parts handy in case you lose one... (happened to me on a previous savage conversion).

Anyway with any luck I should have it assembled by this weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X