This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • barrelcactus

If you dont want to share and participate thats fine ill go and work with those that do. No hard feelings.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Anybody want some popcorn the show is about to start.

Comment

• barrelcactus

If you want to contribute to the Project all chambers are welcome SAAMI, 264LBC, 6.5CSS and Grendel II and want to avoid the dog pile you can send your data to barrelcactus1@cox.net

Bullet
        Powder increment
        Group Size (Center to Center)
        Loaded COAL/OAL
        Brass
        Primer
        ES or SD
        Velocity
        Chamber (SAAMI, 264 LBC, Grendel II, 6.5 CSS)
        Barrel Manufacture
        Barrel Length

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by barrelcactus View Post
          If you dont want to share and participate thats fine ill go and work with those that do. No hard feelings.
          You still haven't answered the simple question of who "We" is? Your refusal to be open about that is what makes members here highly suspicious. You are proposing data that is used by someone that is well known here to have given bad data in the past, and who left the board disgraced. Many members here were burned by that individual and prefer to not go down that road again. So once again, please provide the "who" portion of the "We" you refer to.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

If you want to contribute to the Project all chambers are welcome SAAMI, 264LBC, 6.5CSS and Grendel II and want to avoid the dog pile you can send your data to barrelcactus1@cox.net

Bullet
            Powder increment
            Group Size (Center to Center)
            Loaded COAL/OAL
            Brass
            Primer
            ES or SD
            Velocity
            Chamber (SAAMI, 264 LBC, Grendel II, 6.5 CSS)
            Barrel Manufacture
            Barrel Length
            What about chamber pressure? You are proposing some loads that are obviously above the allowable chamber pressure. Do you have a way to check that?

Comment

• barrelcactus

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
              You still haven't answered the simple question of who "We" is? Your refusal to be open about that is what makes members here highly suspicious. You are proposing data that is used by someone that is well known here to have given bad data in the past, and who left the board disgraced. Many members here were burned by that individual and prefer to not go down that road again. So once again, please provide the "who" portion of the "We" you refer to.
              The WE are all listed in the spredsheet as contributors directly or people that have shared data online. We have various projects with different companies as i mentioned Nosler and Maker and Sierra and each project has different volunteers. The "we" are folks that rogered up to participate mostly off the facebook group and some are members here and other places. These communities online bleed into one another. I could not give you a complete list of names at there are many just look at the spreadsheet and you'll get a good idea of the "we". Basically a good chuck of the Grendel community that want free open data and like to shoot. No one controls the community or is in charge its open collaboration. Don't be a dick and you can contribute. You start being a troll saying my chamber is the only "real Grendel" and you're out. You know basic manners and respect for others. As i said don't be a dick. Many of the "we" are actually in this forum.
              Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

The WE are all listed in the spredsheet as contributors directly or people that have shared data online. We have various projects with different companies as i mentioned Nosler and Maker and Sierra and each project has different volunteers. The "we" are folks that rogered up to participate mostly off the facebook group and some are members here and other places. These communities online bleed into one another. I could not give you a complete list of names at there are many just look at the spreadsheet and you'll get a good idea of the "we". Basically a good chuck of the Grendel community that want free open data and like to shoot. No one controls the community or is in charge its open collaboration. Don't be a dick and you can contribute. You start being a troll saying my chamber is the only "real Grendel" and you're out. You know basic manners and respect for others. As i said don't be a dick. Many of the "we: are actually in this forum.
                "WE" don't start a project, someone does, and invites others. Those are the people I am asking about. Throwing out the royal "We" and then hiding behind the "there are too many to identify" is a straw man argument. Please point us to those coordinating the projects. Someone is in charge and keeping the data. Those are the people that I am asking about, and that should be identified.

Comment

• barrelcactus

"WE" don't start a project, someone does, and invites others. Those are the people I am asking about. Throwing out the royal "We" and then hiding behind the "there are too many to identify" is a straw man argument. Please point us to those coordinating the projects. Someone is in charge and keeping the data. Those are the people that I am asking about, and that should be identified.
                  Oh ok you want to know who started it? I thought that was already known thats Craig Black (msrhunt) the guy you started The 6.5 Grendel II facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/Grendel2/), The reloading AR group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/MSRreloading/) the hunting with AR group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/ARHunting/),and www.msrhunt.com as Rick already said. I didn't answer that part because it was already discussed.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

Thanks. Acknowledging Craig's hand in the data helps greatly.

Comment

• barrelcactus

Thanks. Acknowledging Craig's hand in the data helps greatly.
                      Actually none of the loads are Craigs although hes going to try and get some on the board with the Sierra bullets. He networked with Nosler and Maker and Cutting Edge to get free bullets for everyone else but this time he got some as well. Hes just a facilitator. He also purchased bullets with his barrel buy funds to distribute to testers.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-15-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

If you want to contribute to the Project all chambers are welcome
                        Thanks for the invite, BC, I'm sure some here will take you up on it. We're all learning together and everybody wants better loads.

What I suggest going forward here on the forum, is — like many — be a resource for those who have questions.

Many times one of us will post: "Anybody got a load for X or Y bullet, or using A or B powder?" That's the time to chime in if you have something to contribute.

If you check the stickies here in the reloading section, we've already got a few lists or threads compiling data similar to what you're describing. You're too early in the membership cycle for me to just up and post your data as a sticky — there's this thing about "paying one's dues" — but make some solid contributions from time to time like everybody else and all will be good.

Not gonna close this thread just yet, but I think it has run it's course. As I said, you've made your invite, etc. I'd be surprised if there's more to be said on this topic at the moment.
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• barrelcactus

Thanks BF!! Just want to make it known though the data is not mine. Or anyones its ours as a community. Free and open.

Comment

• barrelcactus

Just to be clear there is a Nosler effort to this
                            There is a Sierra effort to this
                            There is a Cutting Edge effort to this
                            There is a Barnes effort to this
                            There is a Hornady effort to this
                            There is a Maker effort to this
                            There is a Swift effort to this.
                            Lots of different people involved mostly coordinated on Facebook in individual chat rooms. As i said some members here are involved and have been for over a year. This effort is not forum centric its been shared on many forums. Guys that put up good groups and seemed to know what they were talking about where invited to join. While Craig has done lots of coordinating and done lots of leg work its not his project its grown beyond that and is truly collaborative. The spreadsheet started 2 years ago this month to collect data on the Liberty barrels and to see what worked and what did not then grew from there to 264LBC and SAMMI and 6.5CSS. Even Leupold helped and money from barrel buys was used to buy and distribute bullets free to the shooters.
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2017, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

OK, thanks. That'll wrap this.
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                              X