• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Did you bed your barrel by any chance?

Bed the barrel and use at least 65 ft-lbs of torque on the barrel nut.

Use a torque wrench to balance the load on your gas block fasteners, leaning on lighter weight than heavy. You can also bed the gas block to the barrel with Red Loc-tite, which is a lot easier to do with the JP Clamp-on unit than a set screw type.

Just make sure the gas ports align center-to-center.

JP barrels when installed with several different accuracy-enhancing techniques will generally be sub 1/2 MOA to 3/4 MOA for 5rd groups easily, and 1 MOA for 10rd groups.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• ActionDiver
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2017

Sweet looking rifle you have there! How much does your complete set-up weigh minus the loaded magazine?

Comment

• nismosao
        Unwashed
        • May 2017

Originally posted by ActionDiver View Post
        Sweet looking rifle you have there! How much does your complete set-up weigh minus the loaded magazine?
        Thanks, it's the first AR that I built. I haven't weighed yet. Will have to put on the scale. It's very heavy. Mostly built for target shooting.

Comment

• Chazroh
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2015

I have this this Barrel setup and it shoots great as long as I do my part

Comment

• m77mkii
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2017

I have the 18" just getting to reloading now, but factory stuff showed signs of a shooter

Comment

• nismosao
              Unwashed
              • May 2017

I went back out on Sunday and ran a few boxes of ELD-M through it. The results were much much better. I'll have to post up my groups later this evening.

Comment

• carlhwv
                Bloodstained
                • May 2017

I've got an 18". Guessing the chambers are the same. What factory ammo is proving best? Going to try to get hands on some more Hornady Black ELDs but interested to hear what others have found. Also, from the handload crowd, what are you seeing? Thanks.
                Carl
                NRA Patron Member, frequent supporter of the ILA, when knives are on offer
                Living free and willing to lay it down to keep it that way......
                Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by carlhwv View Post
                  I've got an 18". Guessing the chambers are the same. What factory ammo is proving best? Going to try to get hands on some more Hornady Black ELDs but interested to hear what others have found. Also, from the handload crowd, what are you seeing? Thanks.
                  Hornady Black ELD gives me 1/2 to 5/8 at 100 yds in my JP 22er. 123 gr scenar / 30.8 CFE 223 / GM205M / Lapua case would give me consistent < 1/2 MOA if I was capable of consistently shooting < 1/2 MOA groups. Velocity is 2550 which is right around where Hornady Black was. Scenars are the only 123s I've tried in the JP barrel.
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• HillclimberCR500
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2016

I built almost the same rifle except jp billet lower and dual charge upper. I like it a lot. Shoots hornady black under an inch. Still playing around with handloads. My range is 2 far from my reloading bench. Time to move closer

Comment

• nismosao
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2017

Finally weighed my gun. 12.6 lbs with scope included.

Comment

Working...
                      X