• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

IMPORTANT New Faxon 12 Owners Check Your Chambers

Gentlemen, two guys have reported that it seems the barrel indexing pin has been drilled too deeply, and this can be seen when shining a light into the chamber. The ones I spot-checked when the batch came in were fine, but my gut feeling is that this is the kind of thing that can happen to a whole batch or most of a batch if an operator sets a setting and just lets it run.

I want to get a handle on this and bring this to Nathan/Faxon as a possible warranty issue. Just like Lilja exhibited superb customer service in a similar instance, the reason we work with Faxon is that their customer service also excels.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR CHAMBERS CAREFULLY FOR SOMETHING LIKE THE REPORTED PROBLEM AND REPORT HERE.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

i just checked some empty brass that was shot out of the 12"faxon. the brass has a small round mark in the same place on all the brass i checked. it is deeper on the lower side of the brass. hmmmmmmmm????

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

JR, that small round mark on the brass is the same as reported by the first guy.
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• jonny rotton
        Warrior
        • Dec 2015

my dents are almost identical to the ones in the picture. same place on all the brass.

Comment

• explorecaves
          Warrior
          • Sep 2014

Have not had time to get out to shoot mine yet. Visual inspection of the chamber appears mine is fine.

Comment

• jdelong
            Warrior
            • Feb 2017

No issues on mine

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

I didn't see anything either
              Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Hmm.. Roger. Will do. I'm wondering if this problem is mostly exhibited after firing and some pressure pushes in on the center point of the drill hole where the bit "point" would be. It will be quite a few months till I get to field test mine. I'll report back asap with visual inspection.

Comment

• subinoob
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jul 2016

Visual inspection looks good but also have not fired mine yet.

Comment

• teammo
                    Unwashed
                    • Dec 2016

I checked my barrel and the chamber walls look smooth but when I drop a round in, it definitely wiggles around.

Comment

• mike1
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2015

Both of my barrels appear to have some anomaly in the chamber at the location of the pin.

I have not shot them so I don't know what the brass will look like post firing.

When pinning the extension to the barrel how far is the pin suppose to protrude into the barrel?
                      Last edited by mike1; 05-13-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

I'm no expert on barrel pin specifications and I don't know how far they're supposed to be drilled, but NOT into the chamber, right? Don't shoot 'em. And don't shoot those with "loose" and "rattling" chambers.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

I've brought these issues to Faxon's attention, and some of you guys have also contacted them. Nathan says, "Rest assured, we will make it right. Any that are effected will be reworked or replaced."

Very sorry for the extreme hassle, dudes, but I'm happy that Faxon is demonstrating the same commitment to customer service as Lilja in a similar instance. If it can happen to Lilja, it can happen to anybody.

Those of you who haven't checked your chamber for anomalies, please do so, and now everybody please check your chambers for this "loose" or "rattling" fit of a cartridge after you've dropped it into the chamber.

I am going to need to make a list of all those who have affected barrels, so please keep reporting here or email me at BluntForceTrauma1867 (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Well looks like I got bit, twice.. it's easy to notice when you shine a light from the muzzle. I'll try and figure out the picture uploading. Might be tonight, most likely tomorrow I'll update.
                            P.s. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. And being processed active about it. Says alot.
                            Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 05-14-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Ditcher
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Hope they do better on the second batch.

Comment

Working...
                              X