• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Sunshade for Vortex 2.5-10x32

Seems a lot of people are using these around here. Mine is the discontinued 2.5-10x32 HS LR I picked up on close out and it didn't come with a sunshade. Doesn't seem that Vortex makes one and was wondering if anyone has found one out there that fits. If necessary, I'd even buy something made in China and sold by Amazon....
    Let's go Brandon!
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
    Seems a lot of people are using these around here. Mine is the discontinued 2.5-10x32 HS LR I picked up on close out and it didn't come with a sunshade. Doesn't seem that Vortex makes one and was wondering if anyone has found one out there that fits. If necessary, I'd even buy something made in China and sold by Amazon....
    SH:

You want a sheet of exposed X Ray film? Works like a charm.

If so, write me B/C with your address.

LR55

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
      SH:

You want a sheet of exposed X Ray film? Works like a charm.

If so, write me B/C with your address.

LR55
      LOL - I guess that would work better than the ammo box that got me through Day 3 at Blue Steel Ranch

sunshade.png
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
        LOL - I guess that would work better than the ammo box that got me through Day 3 at Blue Steel Ranch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9159[/ATTACH]
        Ahh, the old 'Ammo Box and Green Tape' sun shade! Know it well.

Nylon stocking over the objective lens does a decent job as well. Could even work better since you can use different colors of stocking for different brightness conditions.

LR55

Comment

• shadowulf
          Unwashed
          • Apr 2017

One of my other expensive hobbies is photography. I sometimes use foam rubber sheets, like the craft stores have, as sun shades.
          The dark green, black and gray seem to work for me. Add a couple rubber bands and you are set.

Comment

• terrywick4
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

or you could order a 32mm sunshade on ebay. just need one that has male end on it, It should be a universal thread.

Comment

• StoneHendge
              Chieftain
              • May 2016

Originally posted by terrywick4 View Post
              or you could order a 32mm sunshade on ebay. just need one that has male end on it, It should be a universal thread.
              A Bushnell 50mm and a Vortex 50mm aren't interchangeable. They are actually different sizes......
              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
              X