• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

new x caliber barrel

i just picked up a new X-caliber barrel in 6.5 grendel. it is a 16" medium weight stainless steel that has been cryogenically treated. this is supposed to be their most accurate barrel. i should have it put together soon then i will put a good scope on it and test it for accuracy.

Very nice! I have a few X-Caliber barrels. They are excellent.

Comment

• bldsmith
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2017

I just placed an order for my 24" grendel barrel also 2 weeks ago. I have a 22 hellcat with an X-Caliber barrel. I am very pleased so far. Can't wait for my new barrel to come in. Fully fluted and cryoed.
      A. C. Richards OTAC USN RET

ABS Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com/

Comment

• Ditcher
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by jonny rotton View Post
        i just picked up a new X-caliber barrel in 6.5 grendel. it is a 16" medium weight stainless steel that has been cryogenically treated. this is supposed to be their most accurate barrel. i should have it put together soon then i will put a good scope on it and test it for accuracy.
        I was looking at their barrels. What twist rate did you do with? What selection is medium weight? SPR?

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

Pricing isn't bad either, yet another one to think about...

Comment

• jonny rotton
            Warrior
            • Dec 2015

the twist is 1:8 the weight is 30oz. a group of us bought a number and got a good price. we also live close to where they are made and know some people there. i have my lower built. everything is ready for the upper except the handguard which should be here in a couple days. i can not wait to shoot it to see how it does. i have been told that it should shoot 1/2 moa all day long.

Comment

• jonny rotton
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

i have had a chance to break in the barrel for 30 rounds. the groups were not bad but not great. i shot again yesterday and shot at 300 and 400. i found that this barrel really likes the privi 120's. my protocol is to shoot 4 rounds the measure all four and the best 3. maybe i shoot one shot poorly so with a300 yarn extra i still have a three shot group.
              at 300 yards the four shot group was 2 1/8" with three shots into 1 1/8". i shot hornady sst at 400 yards and had four shots into 8" with three into 4 1/2". i still have a lot more testing to do. so far i would say that the barrel is beginning to show positive signs of being a real shooter.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Was just checking out their website. They claim 50-60 extra fps from the cryo treatment. Haven't seen JP make such claims. What sort of velocity are you getting from the SSTs?
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• jonny rotton
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

next time out i will chrono them and do the same with my 16" aa barrel. that should give some good info

Comment

• bldsmith
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2017

Woo hoo. Just got my delivery notification.

Should have my new 24" x caliber Wed.
                    Last edited by bldsmith; 07-02-2017, 03:22 PM.
                    A. C. Richards OTAC USN RET

ABS Journeyman Smith

http://acrichardscustomknives.com/

Comment

• TexasEric
                      Unwashed
                      • Jun 2017

Sorry to thread jack. I am super new to this caliber. I am probably going to be ordering a barrel from them soon as well. What is a good twist rate for an 18 in barrel?
                      Is there a consensus for this forum?

Comment

• VASCAR2
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I'd order a 1:8 twist for an 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel.

Comment

• 65Whelen
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2014

When ordering from x-Caliber, how long did you wait for delivery? Looking for an 18" Grendel barrel. Also, are they SAAMI Spec. Chambers?

Comment

• jonny rotton
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2015

if i remember right it took 4-6 weeks to get. my friend went directly into their shop and ordered them. we got a little discount because we ordered five of the same. last time out i had a 3/4" group at 300 yards with hornady black. it is really starting to shoot lights out. they are saami spec

Comment

Working...
                            X