• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

7 Porkys!!

Normally don't post hunting pictures on here because I do not go that much anymore due to health issues but here is the last hunt. We ended up with 7. The boar I shot turned out to be a Dandy of a porker. As I had him in the scope he did not look that big for some reason, must have been the moon light but as I walked up on him he kept getting bigger. I grabbed and ear for the picture and he weighed a few pounds. We came up on a field that had some pork in it two in one place and a sow and her piggies in another. Two of us went after the two and the other guy with us went after the sow and piggies. It worked out fine, how I don't know but the fella after the sow waited for us to fire first then he shot when we started. We laid down our two and he ended up with the sow and 3 piglets. The other one had no picture taken, he was on the other side of a pond when he was laid to rest so all 7 were donated to the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society!! First night out with the new scope on the Faxon 16 inch build, both worked flawlessly! BANG BANG!!
    Attached Files
  • Les
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Nice, do you ever process the meat?
    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Very well done!!!!
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

My buddy in Victoria hunts every night he can when he is off work. The wife and I were down to see the daughter, the girls did their thing and I was a sucker for punishment so we went out Thursday and Friday. Two nights in a row was more than enough for me. Both nights I was the first to crap out and of course on Thursday they went back out and on Friday they went out yet again for awhile. Thursday night we did not see one pig, just a million deer. Friday we saw pigs and a coyote. Two or three other porks were seen crossing into a corn field and shots were taken but did not produce. I dumped a full mag on a coyote that turned out to be 300 yards out and I did not even ruffle any fur!!. I forgot I had a reticle that I could of dialed up with 2, 3, and 400 yards marked on it and I think that would have helped but I needed to get some rounds through the rifle anywhos to loosen things up!! I missed BIG TIME!! but is was fun throwing projectiles at the furry yoteee!

Yes Les sometimes we nab the backstraps and a ham or two but it was not the night to do so. The little ones would have been good eating fo sure! BANG BANG!!
        Last edited by Slappy; 05-16-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X