X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Did you bed the barrel/receiver with Loctite?

Comment

• Wafavre2
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

I have YHM Billet receiver and did not true it. I placed the receiver on the Magpul receiver block with the barrel pointed straight up and used blue loctite on the barrel only and torqued the nut per instructions, three times and then timed the nut using a drill bit that just passed through the nut and receiver.

Comment

• Smbob
        Unwashed
        • Jun 2017

Beautiful rifle! We'll done!

Robert

Comment

• Wafavre2
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

Thanks Robert!

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Wafavre2 View Post
            with the barrel pointed straight up and used blue loctite on the barrel only and torqued the nut per instructions.
            This sounds like a simple but highly over looked and potential best practice for bedding and making sure the barrel is actually centered. Also helps if the moon is directly overhead

Comment

• Twistedfisters
              Banned
              • Jul 2017

That looks really nice.

Comment

• m77mkii
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2017

great rifle

Comment

• Wafavre2
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2017

Thanks! Working on handloads now. Have loaded 20 rounds of each to coronograph Sierra 123gr with 26.9gr. Of IMR 4895- ? FPS and Sierra 123gr. With 28.2gr of IMR 8208 BRX- ? FPS. Have purchased Berger, Nosler CC, Hornady ELDM. Just going to work my way through them and see which it likes best.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jun 2017

Sweet build and impressive group with Wolf. Love that lancer handguard, although the Faxon CF has me impressed as well. So many cool parts so little time!

Comment

• Wafavre2
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2017

Thanks T2K. I had a extractor beat to hell when I shot the Wolf, but it was when I was adjusting the AGB. Replaced the extractor and bought a spare but have not shot any more Wolf. I'm not faulting the Wolf but if I can get the cost down for plinker reloads I'll pass on the Wolf.
                      Range report: this barrel likes IMR 8208 BRX at 28.2 gr. with any 123 gr pill. Not enough difference between Burger, ELDM, Sierra BTHP, Lapua or the Nosler CC to say one is better at 100 yards, they all print 3 shot groups touching holes. Just a little difference in POI. I do want to try the Nosler ABLR and the Nosler Partition for hunting. Purchased 500 Sierra BTHP at a good price so they will be my paper punchers for now and when I find a good buy on the Nosler CC I am going to buy 1000. I shot some 26.9 gr loads of IMR 4895 with good groups but only get 2350 fps, IMR 8208BRX at 28.2 is 2580 and at 28.5 gr the groups start opening up.

Comment

Working...
                      X