• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cole Dedhand
    Unwashed
    • May 2017

Wolf Steel Gel Test

I found this gel test today. I searched this forum last week and again today and didn't find this posted so I'll share it.

Credit to Bill Alexander for the test.

Wolf Steel Case 6.5 Grendel. 14.5" Barrel. 10 Yards.

Last edited by Cole Dedhand; 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM.
  • mateba
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

I'll take it for $0.23! Are those lines due to the mold (I'm guessing a bag tied at the end) or the bullet?

Comment

• Bill Alexander
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2015

That is an old photograph. The mold is an 8" diameter pipe and I use polypropylene sleeving which is heat sealed at the end. This way I get an 8" round gel block up to 27" long which is much better for rifle work than a 6"x 6" x 16" block. To be correct the fractures from the bullet cavity should not reach the surface.

That test was obviously a bit impromptu and looking at the block it was a remelt as it is not too clear. The shape is a bit messy because I would have been just molding it up quickly and not looking for photo quality work. Sent to David so he could see what it did I suspect.

Comment

• Troutguide
        Warrior
        • Jan 2017

I wouldn't want it going through me. And it looks like it would do plenty to a hog for close work.
        "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Here's the test I did. I'll have to dig out the picture of the gel.

Post #116

The original thread is now 30 pages of GOOD discussion but is now long enough. Let's continue it here. As a teaser, here's a little photo of a H2LX (High BC, High velocity, Low eXpansion threshold) prototype (on left, next to earlier prototype) that is fresh from Sneaky's Magic Machine. ;) Reaming out the nose cavity or

It didn't penetrate as deep as an equal weight all copper projo, but did curve due to deformation. IIRC the permanent channel was not extensive.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

Interesting!
            If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Cole Dedhand
              Unwashed
              • May 2017

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
              I'll have to dig out the picture of the gel.
              Please do.

Comment

Working...
              X