• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goochylogic
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

Faxon Barrels

I noticed Joebobs and Optic Planet have Faxon Grendel barrels listed. Anyone have any experience with them. If so what kind of groupings can be expected. Thanks in advance.
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

are they in stock?
    they are doing some of the group buy barrels here
    and people on other forums like thier 5.56 barrels
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

I'm pretty sure that the only 6.5 Grendel barrels that Faxon has made so far have been the group buys here, first the 16" buy, followed by the 12's. The 20" order is going to Faxon soon (maybe already submitted) and there are plenty of them not yet spoken for.

Goochy, look at the tail end of the closed 16" group buy thread. The Faxon barrels look to be right around 1 MOA shooters, with some better examples. The results seem pretty promising for the 12" barrels as well. Quite good barrels for the money.

Joe Bobs has had that listing for several months now. This is the first time I noticed them at Optics Planet, but I don't search their site that that often. I don't know if they are gathering orders for their own group buys, or if they are just sampling interest and getting prepared for when Faxon does start cranking them out.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

They are getting close to coming down the pipe as regular production. Aim Surplus has released they are getting 5 different SKU's of Faxon 6.5G barrels.

I am fixing on getting me an 18" gunner.

I have a Faxon barrel on my 7.62x39, very well made barrel. Watch at AIM, they are sold with a pin on gasblock (and Faxon notches the barrel for you)

And Nathan has like the best online presence of any company I have seen for customer support.

Comment

• hkcavalier
          Unwashed
          • May 2017

I have a 5.56mm Faxon GUNNER 20" and it's terrific. I think for my 6.5 build I'd like a heavier profile, but Faxon makes good stuff so I'll be interested to see them when they're available.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

That is kind of one problem with Grendel barrels in general. Either they are lightweight or they are heavy... there isn't much in between.

Decided I would rather let my barrel cool down every so often when shooting off a bench than drag a fence post around the high plains shopping for antelope.

Comment

• kevperro
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
              That is kind of one problem with Grendel barrels in general. Either they are lightweight or they are heavy... there isn't much in between.

Decided I would rather let my barrel cool down every so often when shooting off a bench than drag a fence post around the high plains shopping for antelope.
              Hmmm.... I'd like an 18" Gunner. How much?

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post

"Drag a fence post" lol that made me laugh!

The 18" JP is a good compromise I believe. And Lilja makes some nice medium profiles as well. Both are top tier.

Comment

• Carde017
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2017

I have an 18" gunner from aim and it came with the pinned on gb. It's a nice shooter and lightweight. I love mine

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Originally posted by kevperro View Post
                    Hmmm.... I'd like an 18" Gunner. How much?
                    They are saying $232.

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                    "Drag a fence post" lol that made me laugh!

The 18" JP is a good compromise I believe. And Lilja makes some nice medium profiles as well. Both are top tier.
                    I am more more of a bottom of the middle tier budget...

Comment

• mdram
                      Warrior
                      • Sep 2016

can sign up for info about release
                      just some targets for printing
                      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

Working...
                      X