Wtb boyds stock for my howa mini grendel but im in new Zealand ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi shooter
    Warrior
    • Mar 2017

Wtb boyds stock for my howa mini grendel but im in new Zealand ?????

I have boyds stocks on most of my rifles but sadly boyds have put there prices up from just under the no export permit needed $100us limet

To just over the limit so I would need to apply for a us export permit which makes the hole idea non cost effective

I was wondering if anyone knew the rules arround 2nd hand stocks and there fore not worth over $100 anymore and weather you could then export out of the us without any issues?

If that would work then I would be looking for a 2nd hand boyds stock with owner willing to ship it to me in new zealand???? There is no laws against me importing a stock at my end only us laws

Thanks heaps
    Darryn
    Last edited by kiwi shooter; 05-19-2017, 12:08 PM.
  • saturn
    Banned
    • Oct 2017

The stupid US Commerce Dept has outlawed the export of anything that could conceivably be used by a terrorist.

New or used makes no difference.

Thanks to Obuma you're screwed.

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by saturn View Post
      The stupid US Commerce Dept has outlawed the export of anything that could conceivably be used by a terrorist.

New or used makes no difference.

Thanks to Obuma you're screwed.
      What Klem said.

Hopefully Kiwi Shooter gives it a try.

LR55
      Last edited by LR1955; 10-27-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• saturn
        Banned
        • Oct 2017

Have any of you tried to export any ITAR related stuff ?

I have.

Had an ancient 4X Leupold confiscated by US customs (to Canada) and an AR trigger (semi) also seized (to Italy). Both were sold for <$100.

Neither of those countries had signed the Pan-American treaty on which Commerce based their regs.

Tried for months to get them back. Even got my US Senator involved. End result: "you're screwed."

I also sold a Browning High Wall converted to 40-82 to a man in Australia. Export was handled by Simmons with no issues at all. That was a $4000 rifle.

What the regulations say and what actually happens are worlds apart.

If there is a source in his country for the stock that's great, that was not the question. Boyd's has told me they will not export any stock anywhere to an individual regardless of price. I was trying to help out a Marlin forum member in South Africa. The stock was $92.00 shipped.

My being a newbie, does not disqualify me from stating the facts in the real world.

Thank God to live in a free state !

Comment

• saturn
          Banned
          • Oct 2017

It's clear that no matter what facts I present, some believe they are all ego byproducts.

The facts are the facts, sorry they don't fit the agenda.

The "long arm of the law" has even terrorized Ebay that gets nervous about sale of gun books within the USA.

There is no "may" about the shipment getting stopped, unless you lie on the custom's form.

Theory is nice but it appears I am the ONLY poster to speak facts from experience.

All done with this thread as the OP has what he needs to know.

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

Ahh..maybe look again in a year or so..The new American President is trying to get stupid laws that are bad for business changed. The rest of the government, not to mention the news media are obstructing at every opportunity; but things are slowly changing.

Comment

• saturn
              Banned
              • Oct 2017

Ha, ha, he can't even get Obamacare rolled, the tax cut is in doubt and the suppressor law will never pass.

You think he'll (as the Democrats will say) "help terrorists obtain weapons to kill children across the world !"

(It's always "the children")

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

Guys:

Keep the thread focused on the topic which was exporting a Boyd stock to NZ.

If you guys want to discuss politics, take it to a forum that deals with politics.

LR55

Comment

• saturn
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

So who will take this man's money and try and send him a stock ?

Comment

• Earl Keese
                    Bloodstained
                    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by saturn View Post
                    All done with this thread as the OP has what he needs to know.
                    If only...

Comment

• kiwi shooter
                      Warrior
                      • Mar 2017

lol I haven't had internet access for a few months
                      and this is what I come back to lol
                      for your information Saturn no money would ever leave my hands till I know 120% that not only can the stock be sent and that it can be done legally but I also trust that anyone on the other end isn't going to take the money and run

Comment

• Klem
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

Originally posted by kiwi shooter View Post
                        lol I haven't had internet access for a few months
                        and this is what I come back to lol
                        for your information Saturn no money would ever leave my hands till I know 120% that not only can the stock be sent and that it can be done legally but I also trust that anyone on the other end isn't going to take the money and run
                        Mate, I live in Oz and I have to say you are asking a lot.

Not only the price but also the risk of seizure. As you know an export permit will cost you $500USD and without one the risk is all yours. If you want other forum member to help out then either there's something in it for them or you get what you are given and thankful for it. As for Saturn, he is a new member with some issues and wearing out his welcome fast - Just ignore him. The other regular posters are all solid guys.

Gun City are selling new Boyds for $400-$500NZD. Cleavers in QLD for the same. I see a Boyds for an M70 Long Action on Usedguns.com.au for $250AUD. The rest are all with the action and higher priced. You could buy the gun and strip out the action, sell that and keep the stock. Just a thought. Even on Gunbroker.com they are selling second-hand in the US for between $100-200USD. Add to that the price of postage and you may as well just accept that they cost as much as a sheep now.

Comment

• kiwi shooter
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                          Mate, I live in Oz and I have to say you are asking a lot.

Not only the price but also the risk of seizure. As you know an export permit will cost you $500USD and without one the risk is all yours. If you want other forum member to help out then either there's something in it for them or you get what you are given and thankful for it. As for Saturn, he is a new member with some issues and wearing out his welcome fast - Just ignore him. The other regular posters are all solid guys.

Gun City are selling new Boyds for $400-$500NZD. Cleavers in QLD for the same. I see a Boyds for an M70 Long Action on Usedguns.com.au for $250AUD. The rest are all with the action and higher priced. You could buy the gun and strip out the action, sell that and keep the stock. Just a thought. Even on Gunbroker.com they are selling second-hand in the US for between $100-200USD. Add to that the price of postage and you may as well just accept that they cost as much as a sheep now.
                          yeah i know just by reading his posts that he wasn’t worth my time

i neverasked anyone to take any risks only if anyone knew the export laws better than me
                          and weather a 2nd had stock could be shipped out legally without an export and only then if it was known that it would get through customs legally without a hitch without taking any risks
                          i would buy one off someone on here or ebay or something
                          im not taking any risk nor would i want anyone else from here or anywhere else to take any risk on my behalf

im not paying 500 for a stock though ill stick to the plastic fantastic till boyds has a rapid fire sale on howa stocks at some stage and buy one from them at under $100 us
                          this means it will be on my door step at around $220 depending on exchange rates boyds are sweet as long as its under 100
                          Last edited by kiwi shooter; 10-30-2017, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Klem
                            Chieftain
                            • Aug 2013

I'll keep an eye out for you over here.

The summary is that ITAR is not specific enough to answer your question as Yes or No. If you don't get an export permit it is a risk you take. It depends on whether it is stopped and checked on the way out. And if it does get checked whether the person checking thinks it is defence-related or not, or even cares. If it does get seized the person sending it does not get into trouble, as long as there's no attempt to conceal.

In your shoes, for under $100 it's definitely not worth the export permit so you either pony-up and buy local or take the export risk.
                            Last edited by Klem; 10-30-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• kiwi shooter
                              Warrior
                              • Mar 2017

But a gun part under 100usd can be exported can be exported without a permit i got heaps of stocks in from boyds before they put their prices up from 99 to 120usd for standard model
                              And boyeds still exports if its under 100
                              Like there sale items plenty of my mates have recently ordered stocks from boyds rapid fire sales
                              With no issues
                              But its just a case of weather a howa mini one comes on sale

Yeah keep an eye out in oz
                              Pm me if anything comes up
                              Cheers
                              Darryn

Comment

Working...
                              X