X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6.5_fanatic
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

I got a 5 pack of the Caldwell 7.62x39 50 round ammo boxes for about 20 dollars with shipping at budsgunshop.

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      I thought I had posted on this. I recycle the Hornady factory ammo boxes. Can't get much more compact than that, and they are free with purchase of 20 rounds.
      I bought a case of Hornady Black last week and will go that route if needed but, I usually store 500 (or more) rounds of reloads in all my calibers so I was looking for better options.
      I think I will order the Frankford Arsenal 512 boxes.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• mdewitt71
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ClutchAutomatic View Post
        Yea, I asked about these same boxes fitting 6.5G on that Amazon page earlier.....
        Some say they are loose fitting, I think I will go with FA 512s instead.
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• ClutchAutomatic
          Warrior
          • Jan 2018

I like the quality of the MTM though, it feels pretty solid if it were to be dropped.

Comment

• Randy99CL
            Warrior
            • Oct 2017

I bought a couple of the Plano 122850s and they look good and work well.

I'm ordering this 5-Pack: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/83...d-smoke-5-pack
            Only $2.40 each.

I like those with translucent tops and real hinges.
            Last edited by Randy99CL; 02-11-2018, 01:15 AM.
            "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• wilecoyote
              Warrior
              • Jul 2013

Klem, thanks for the info. I kinda like the idea of shoulder hold and storing projectile down. I'm gonna give that box a try.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Randy99CL View Post
                I bought a couple of the Plano 122850s and they look good and work well.

I'm ordering this 5-Pack: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/83...d-smoke-5-pack
                Only $2.40 each.

I like those with translucent tops and real hinges.
                I bought that same kit from Amazon earlier in my quest. You'll get 4/5 rows full perfect, the 5th row they don't allow you to close the lid. The rounds don't fit in head first. And as such, as long as you're ok with 40/box you've got a good deal. I don't mind particularly the empty row, that's 200 rounds stored cleanly in 5 boxes for about 10 bucks. I usually take three boxes and have more than enough with me to get my fix.

Just throwin in my experience.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Randy99CL
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                  I bought that same kit from Amazon earlier in my quest. You'll get 4/5 rows full perfect, the 5th row they don't allow you to close the lid. The rounds don't fit in head first. And as such, as long as you're ok with 40/box you've got a good deal. I don't mind particularly the empty row, that's 200 rounds stored cleanly in 5 boxes for about 10 bucks. I usually take three boxes and have more than enough with me to get my fix.

Just throwin in my experience.
                  Thanks for the info! I wondered what the problem might be so checked the COAL of 7.62x39 and see that they're shorter. I'll get some others.
                  "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

So I got my Frankford Arsenal 512 and the MTM RS5016T ammo boxes yesterday.

I am not too impressed with either one but, I will tell you;I would not recommend the FA 512 for 6.5 Grendel like all the other people say too.
                    Its too big, too loose, and wider and taller than the MTM boxes.
                    I got 3030 rounds in upside down in the FA 512 and the lid closes tight.
                    The hinge sucks as well on the FA 512.
                    Both will require foam in the lids to get the rounds not too rattle, the FA 512 will require more.

I know I am nitpicking but, that is my Army OCD kicking in and I hate my crap rattling in my pack when i am on the move.
                    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Trueblue
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

So if the FA , Caldwell, doesn’t fit well, is MTM the only good option?
                      Looking for something that will hold 100 rounds with a handle on it.
                      Last edited by Trueblue; 04-02-2018, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                        Chieftain
                        • Oct 2016

Why a handle? Thought that was what the range bag was for? >
                        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
                        X