• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiloechoxray
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Classic Firearms barrels

Classic is selling 6.5 Grendel barrels but won't say who's making them.

Anyone know?
  • Drillboss
    Warrior
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by kiloechoxray View Post

Anyone know?
    Your guess is as good as mine. 6.5 Grendel Type 2 really doesn't mean anything. Could be an actual 6.5 Grendel. Could be a Grendel II.

Who knows?

Comment

• sscandyman
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2017

Well at least the fluted military contour has just about got to be made by BCA as I dont think anybody else is making such a beast . I'm pretty sure that BCA barrels are SAAMI spec.

vs
      We have the best prices & fast shipping on AR15 barrels from top manufacturers. All backed by our industry-leading customer service. Buy Today and get shooting.

Aslo Primary arms matched Classics sale price for me saved $20 + over classics shipping.

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Are they SAAMI spec? They may be, but if they are, why don't they say so? Again, 6.5 Grendel Type II doesn't really mean anything.

Comment

• Carde017
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2017

BCA makes them, I ordered one

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I contacted Bear Creek Arsenal and they stated they are using SAAMI spec chamber with .136 bolt (Type II bolt). There have been several BCA and Classic Arms barrels purchased in the last couple months. I've just started to see a few post about people using BCA barrels in builds so hopefully the range reports will be posted soon.

Comment

• kevperro
              Bloodstained
              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              I contacted Bear Creek Arsenal and they stated they are using SAAMI spec chamber with .136 bolt (Type II bolt). There have been several BCA and Classic Arms barrels purchased in the last couple months. I've just started to see a few post about people using BCA barrels in builds so hopefully the range reports will be posted soon.
              I have the 16" stainless M4 profile from Classic. I get consistent < 2 MOA groups with the cheap Wolf Steel. I have yet to try other ammo.

Comment

• jbrew44
                Unwashed
                • Nov 2015

I bought a 16" M4 Barrel from Bear Creek. It has been functioning good. I have not tried load development yet but it appears it is going to be a decent shooter for the price. The top group is the Bear Creek barrel.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

I inquired about them, this is what I got back:

Yes it is SAAMI approved, the bolt face depth I am not sure of, but, it is a type 2 and thus you would need a type 2 BCG to fit that, (for head spacing purposes), barrel threading is 5/8" x24 and 416R SS is the material that is used for barrel.

If there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you!
                  Type II is generally the .136" bolt face depth and asking around here is what people are using with them.

I have a 18" fluted barrel from them on order which I strongly believe is made by BCA. (who I also think makes Sander's Armory and AR Stoner barrels)

Comment

• jbrew44
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
                    I inquired about them, this is what I got back:

Type II is generally the .136" bolt face depth and asking around here is what people are using with them.

I have a 18" fluted barrel from them on order which I strongly believe is made by BCA. (who I also think makes Sander's Armory and AR Stoner barrels)
                    Yes I am using my bolt from the group buy here.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by sscandyman View Post
                      Well at least the fluted military contour has just about got to be made by BCA as I dont think anybody else is making such a beast . I'm pretty sure that BCA barrels are SAAMI spec.

vs
                      We have the best prices & fast shipping on AR15 barrels from top manufacturers. All backed by our industry-leading customer service. Buy Today and get shooting.

Aslo Primary arms matched Classics sale price for me saved $20 + over classics shipping.
                      Their shipping a complete joke. Both them and BCA are in NC, one was $23 to ship a barrel and one was $10 to get a 18" barrel to Iowa. I deal with ag parts for a living, it is hard to get something shipped under $10 especially at that distance, $23 better roll in on a dolly.

But with the price difference Classic came out $2 cheaper than BCA and they actually returned my email when I asked a question (I tried emailing BCA twice)

I hadn't seen the fluted 16" at PA, I love the look but I wish they would delete the grenade launcher cut... it was my runner up towards the end though.
                      Last edited by 85_Ranger4x4; 06-05-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• kevperro
                        Bloodstained
                        • Apr 2017

Their shipping a complete joke. Both them and BCA are in NC, one was $23 to ship a barrel and one was $10 to get a 18" barrel to Iowa. I deal with ag parts for a living, it is hard to get something shipped under $10 especially at that distance, $23 better roll in on a dolly.

But with the price difference Classic came out $2 cheaper than BCA and they actually returned my email when I asked a question (I tried emailing BCA twice)

I hadn't seen the fluted 16" at PA, I love the look but I wish they would delete the grenade launcher cut... it was my runner up towards the end though.
                        You never know when you might want to mount an M203 on there.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2016

Originally posted by kevperro View Post
                          You never know when you might want to mount an M203 on there.
                          Very true.

Ordered 6/1 at 9:55am. Order has been "on hold" until this morning, now it is "ready to be picked"

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by kiloechoxray View Post
                            Definitely Bear Creek Arsenal. No one told me, but I'm putting two and two together.
                            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

I strongly believe is made by BCA (who I also think makes Sander's Armory and AR Stoner barrels)
                              Yes, I'm convinced Midway dropped Satern's Liberty brand of barrels in favor of BCA for their AR Stoner's to get that price point.
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                              X