• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevperro
    Bloodstained
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
    AA has seemed to have a lot of QC problems lately.

Faxon is dragging their feet terribly on bringing their barrels to market, I have been waiting since late last year and "coming soon" is getting old.

BA is probably more than I should spend on a BB this year.

BCA/Classic/Stoner barrels from what I have found have pretty good reviews. For what little a "guarantee" is worth BCA states they expect them to shoot an inch or under at 100yds. They have pretty good reviews, for $95 they seemed like a pretty good gamble.
    Agreed.... they are inexpensive, American made and the look awesome.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

Finally received mine today. It looks beautiful and is even dimpled.

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Steamburn View Post

I'm considering building another upper in 6.5 Grendel with a light barrel (<2 lbs) in the $200 category, maybe Faxon, Alexander Arms or Odin, hoping to get <1"MOA performance at a reasonable price. I'll report on this thread if I do.
        My experience has been that both the Alexander Arms and the 1st group buy 16" Faxon barrels will get you where you want to be. I have been able to shoot several sub-MOA groups using factory ammo with both of these barrels. Quite a few times these groups have been <.75 and approaching .50

Comment

• kiloechoxray
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by mholmes View Post
          Bear Creek Arsenal has the BCG back in stock for $84.99. https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...ndel-bcg65-15a
          Looks like I'll have to get one of these.

Comment

• kiloechoxray
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2017

So I opted to get the classic 20" heavey, fluted Stainless.

Overall it looks good but that not having range tested it. But just out of the box, for the price, I'm happy.

Comment

• kiloechoxray
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2017

Took the new Grendel out to the range today

I first tried sighting in with Hornady 123 AMAX

Seems my bench rest set up kept me shooting just about 2.0" low (Its just sandbags) But the Hornady seems pretty repeatable.

With the wolf I was still suffering from the inadequate bench set up but the accuracy was better than I expected from that ammo.
              Certainly good enough for minute of hog.

This was all at 50 yards. (My scope had catastrophic failure so I had to stop and couldn't finish out at the 100 yard range.
              Hopefully this gives some evidence to the quality of these barrels for those who are thinking of getting one.

grendeltarget.JPG

Comment

Working...
              X