• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cajun1
    Unwashed
    • May 2017

New Grendel and First Shots

Hi all, I just got this 18" upper from Sanders Armory and put it on my Bushmaster lower. So far I'm pretty impressed. I only have 10 rounds down range at this point and this group was my last three shots after sighting in at 100 with 123gr. Hornady ELD Black. I'm impressed because the current trigger on this lower is probably the worst trigger I've ever shot. I'm not kidding, it's probably close to 15# and I was still able to shoot a sub MOA group. The main purpose of this rifle will be Deer/Hog hunting. My longest shot would be 300 or less although, I would like to stretch it out a bit further at the range. Now, I just need to work on my trigger or buy a new drop in. I'll probably build a dedicated lower for this upper in the next 6 months or so and relegate this one back to 223/5.56 use. So far, I'm loving this round.
    Attached Files
  • Mac7
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2017

Nice. Was looking at those uppers any idea on upper weight? Or what complete rifle weighs? Scope?
    Last edited by Mac7; 06-05-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Cajun1
      Unwashed
      • May 2017

Originally posted by Mac7 View Post
      Nice. Was looking at those uppers any idea on upper weight? Or what complete rifle weighs? Scope?
      I don't, but I'll try to weigh it this evening if I can remember to. It's not noticeably heavy though compared to my .223 upper. Scope is a Bushnell AR 4.5-18x40 in an Armalite mount.

Comment

• shooter545
        Warrior
        • Aug 2012

Good looking set up. I really like fluted barrels for no other reason that I think they just look cool. A better trigger and I'll bet that group gets way smaller quick.

Comment

• Cajun1
          Unwashed
          • May 2017

Originally posted by shooter545 View Post
          Good looking set up. I really like fluted barrels for no other reason that I think they just look cool. A better trigger and I'll bet that group gets way smaller quick.
          Thanks, I think it'll tighten up as well although for it's primary use, it's definitely minute of deer. But, I'd like to tighten it up just to see what it can do.

Originally posted by Mac7 View Post
          I didn't weigh the upper itself, but the complete rifle with scope is just under 9lbs.

Comment

Working...
          X