• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CJ7nvrstk
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Et2ss View Post
    As a matter of fact I got in a 6.5G complete upper from Bear Creek this week. They had 3 fired cases from the test rounds. All 3 were steel case wolf
    Same with my BCA upper.

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
      Chieftain
      • May 2012

i was looking on the bear creek website, it listed the muzzle threads on the grendel barrels as 1/2-36 is that accurate or a typo because that limits muzzzle assesories even more so that 9/16-24
      Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• sscandyman
        Bloodstained
        • Apr 2017

My BCA barrel is 5/8x24

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

My BCA 16" SS barrel I bought about 3 months ago is 5/8X24.
          My AA Overwatch is supposed to be 9/16X24 and they invented the Grendel so this must be the correct size threads. 5/8X24 is for 308.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
            Warrior
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Dpr64 View Post
            Well what the heck...Why?? I intended on using the BCA side charger with the Alexander arms bolt in it along with a BCA barrel... All for the 6.5 Grendel...
            I just saw those bca side chargers as well... I also noticed that Midway has what looks like the exact same side charger set but it says it's forged. I think I might have to get a couple of these. Good deal. Not sure about the bolts but the upper alone is worth it to me.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
              Warrior
              • Nov 2016

Looks like the last thread was lost in the outage so I'll post here. First my BCA barrels I just received are 5/8-24 and the gas port is .095" not .074" like it was stated. After closer inspection of the one barrel it looks like a pretty significant corner of one of the lands corners is ripped off in the tooling process it's near the throat like 1-2 inches past. It's about .01-.02" wide or so. Kinda hard to see but it's there. I just through it on upper real quick to see what my ALG V0 would look like and the fit was very poor IMO no friction what so ever! I thought I had measured it before but I (re) measured it and the barrel extension is .996" pulled out my second barrel I was going to keep and it is also .996" so hopefully the loctite works miracles... I'm still going to compare them to the faxons eventually. I'm sure I'll start my own thread at that point.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

I bought the BCA Barrel and side charging receiver from BCA and the barrel had a tight fit in the receiver.
                I just assembled with teflon grease.

What do the barrel extensions on the Faxon group buy barrels measure?

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

I didn't dink with the gas port but the extension of mine fits in my Anderson upper fairly snug. Not as tight as 7.62x39 Faxon, for a bit there I didn't know if those two would go together. But once in the BCA barrel takes some effort to get out of the upper.

Comment

• jcjarmon
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2016

If you want a good buy, I sell BCA hardware. Grendel forum members get Grendel hardware at cost.

Comment

• rickt300
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                      Looks like the last thread was lost in the outage so I'll post here. First my BCA barrels I just received are 5/8-24 and the gas port is .095" not .074" like it was stated. After closer inspection of the one barrel it looks like a pretty significant corner of one of the lands corners is ripped off in the tooling process it's near the throat like 1-2 inches past. It's about .01-.02" wide or so. Kinda hard to see but it's there. I just through it on upper real quick to see what my ALG V0 would look like and the fit was very poor IMO no friction what so ever! I thought I had measured it before but I (re) measured it and the barrel extension is .996" pulled out my second barrel I was going to keep and it is also .996" so hopefully the loctite works miracles... I'm still going to compare them to the faxons eventually. I'm sure I'll start my own thread at that point.
                      Send it back, the barrel I ordered from BCA is a tight fit to my AR Stoner upper and is well made as far as a good visual inspection goes. I would not assemble an upper with a part that has imperfections.

Comment

• Troutguide
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jcjarmon View Post
                        If you want a good buy, I sell BCA hardware. Grendel forum members get Grendel hardware at cost.
                        Tell me more?
                        "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• Dpr64
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2016

I inquired to BCA about shooting steel cased ammo in their side charging upper and barrel...
                          Here is their response:
                          Hello,
                          We don't recommend steel case because it doesn't expand or contract as quickly as brass which leaves excess friction in the chamber and on the chamber walls.

Comment

• jdelong
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Troutguide View Post
                            Tell me more?
                            me too. I am eyeballing the "BCA AR-15 BARREL: 16" CONTOUR BARREL, W/ 1:8 TWIST, 6.5 GRENDEL TYPE II, 4150 STEEL BLACK NITRIDE FINISH" and also "BCA BRANDED 16" 6.5 GRENDEL TYPE II AR-15 COMPLETE UPPER ASSEMBLY" (Black Nitrided)

Thanks!

Comment

• Lastrites
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Originally posted by jcjarmon View Post
                              Can you confirm the chamber? Was reading elsewhere that one guy did a cast and it had a parallel .300 chamber and not compound.

Comment

• LWP
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jun 2017

Who makes the 6.5 Grendel barrels for BCA in their line of complete uppers?

Comment

Working...
                                X