• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commander184
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2016

Seekins sp3r barrel nut is too small

My shooting partner has a seekins rail he would sell me for a good price, but the barrel nut is too small. At the muzzle my barrel is .936 but the chamber end has an od of 1.150" while the barrel nut has an id of 1.050".

This seems easy enough to me but I am no armorer. Will there be any major side affects other than maybe some harmonic changes?
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

I would just open up the barrel nut rather than turning down the barrel. Easy fix if u know somebody with a lathe

Richard
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• ccasanova
      Warrior
      • Mar 2016

I figured trimming the nut would be the easiest bet as well, but after talking to Seekins and my local smith, they both suggested to cut down the barrel because it would remove too much material from the nut with the large heavy barrel. I believe the nut ID is 1.00 iirc. It didn't take much. Works fine now.

Comment

• Commander184
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2016

Yea the barrel nut is too thin to take anything off. There is a ring around the barrel inside the receiver. Would I need to buy a smaller id one? What is this ring called? Google didn't like my search phrase lol

Comment

Working...
        X