• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

When Pigs Fly

I have never seen this before. I knew it was possible, but I had not seen it. The hog had been hit by 2 Cavity Back Bullets, the first apparently passing through the neck area, before clearing a tight 4' barbed wire fence as he temporarily entered low earth orbit. He was struck a 3rd time after clearing the fence, but I could not spot him with thermal through the thicket of trees, briar, and poison ivy, so he traveled some distance after landing.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • Smoke
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2014

All I can say is WOW
    I was here once .. Got killed by the site .. Back again but not much

Comment

• IceAxe
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Wow!~

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Just when you thought you had seen everything.

The will to live is strong with that one.

Comment

• Les
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

Such vitality. I've had deer do that when heart shot, they can go quite a ways.
          Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Les View Post
            Such vitality. I've had deer do that when heart shot, they can go quite a ways.
            Which is farther than I can safely go through the poison ivy. Had he dropped where he landed or within a few feet of the fence where I could see him, I would have gotten gloves and a rope and dragged him out for pics and stuff, but to not know where he is and to go searching for him in the dark would not have turned out well for me. Even in the daylight, I don't think I can go after him. That was really the one place I did not want him to go.

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Cool video, with your normal bang flop shots it would have never been possible. Wish you could have recovered him as I know you always try to do but poison ivy is nothing to mess with for those it bothers. Be careful handling hogs that have been in it as it can be transferred without touching the plant when something like a hog has been in it.

Comment

• Smoke
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2014

Kmon
                That is correct I just got over that very thing .. Shot a approx. 120 lb hog and did not have my nitrile gloves in the vehicle we took that night
                oh well its hot so I need to gut him and get on ice fairly soon .. just gut no issue right .. about 3-4 days later I have poison ivy infection on both arms .. took two weeks of calamine lotion and deodorant applications a day to get rid of it .. Worst I have had in many years ..
                Hog was shot in an open field so no way I got it any other way
                I was here once .. Got killed by the site .. Back again but not much

Comment

• Heorot
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2014

Who da thunk it!! As always incredible video!!!

Comment

• Les
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                    Which is farther than I can safely go through the poison ivy. Had he dropped where he landed or within a few feet of the fence where I could see him, I would have gotten gloves and a rope and dragged him out for pics and stuff, but to not know where he is and to go searching for him in the dark would not have turned out well for me. Even in the daylight, I don't think I can go after him. That was really the one place I did not want him to go.
                    Don't blame you a bit, also the possibility of meeting up with a snake wouldn't be good. I'm assuming you have some.
                    Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Moonshine44
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2015

That's some pretty amazing footage!
                      If it ain't fun, why bother doin' it?

Comment

• mtptwo
                        Unwashed
                        • Apr 2017

Don't you ever wonder how so many pigs go feral? They high jump the stockyard fence.

Comment

• Lastrites
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2017

That pork chop reminds me of one of my old dogs, that girl could clear 4' with ease and easily get over a 6' fence about as easily. To bad about the ivy, I would have gone after it myself but I am one of the lucky few as I don't get a reaction from the stuff.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mtptwo View Post
                            Don't you ever wonder how so many pigs go feral? They high jump the stockyard fence.
                            Actually, what if often seen are them either climbing or doing a combination of jumping and then climbing. The only ones I have seen clear fences in a single leap have been over short fences.

As for why so many go feral, we have something like 350 years of free ranging hogs in the US, plus what the Spaniards deposited in Florida. Hogs are still free-ranged in many areas, today. Then there are all the goobers that turn them loose to start local feral populations. No doubt, some are escapees, but there are many ways in which they escape.

Comment

Working...
                            X