• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

7 Hogs Down in 4 Stalks

Got a call that the hogs were back in the oats down in Bosque County. I hunt this property each summer...when they call. So I was a bit surprised when I arrived and found the landowner in a lawn chair, under a tree, with a rifle, watching the fields. Apparently, he was quite serious when he said they had become a problem again.

I only spent about 4 hours hunting, but was pretty exhausted in that time. In total, I spent about 3 minutes resting between hunts, sucking down some Mountain Dew, while watching the hogs. Then it was back to work. I would spot hogs, go shoot them, return, and the process would repeat.

I only recovered 6 hogs. The landowner graciously offered to collect the hogs with his tractor so that I didn't have to drag them out. That was a huge bonus. So I plotted the kills on my phone so that he could readily locate them today and he even managed to find one of the hogs I had missed, making a total of 7! That isn't too bad given that I shot 8 hogs.

The Hornady SST 123 gr. ammo did fine when I shot properly. No ballistics analysis or necropsy, just shooting and scooting.

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Target rich trip. Good shooting!!!!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Wow, hogs really like those oats.

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

That's what I call wearin' them out!

Great hunt!

Comment

• Les
          Warrior
          • Oct 2016

Watching those always makes me smile. Good job.
          Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Hattrick
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2014

That's crazy man! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
            X