X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZHTfreak
    Warrior
    • Jan 2017

Just re-read the BA Grendel descriptions. Under additional information - "Grendel type 2 chamber". There is NO reference to SAAMI whatsoever for ANY of their Grendel offerings.
    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
      Warrior
      • Nov 2016

I think or at least I would hope that as more and more reputable ammo manufacturers come out with ammo for it. The barrels and chambering will become more and more standardized under SAAMI as well. Because that IS after all the entire reason standardized exists.

Comment

• Drillboss
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
        I think or at least I would hope that as more and more reputable ammo manufacturers come out with ammo for it. The barrels and chambering will become more and more standardized under SAAMI as well. Because that IS after all the entire reason standardized exists.
        Not so sure about that. The standard (SAAMI chamber) existed before Satern started selling the Grendel II Liberty barrels. I've convinced myself that it's more cost effective to produce Grendel II barrels since the throat is so much deeper and they don't need to watch the reamer wear as closely. Plus the fact that there is no standard for Grendel II.

Comment

• kevperro
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

How hard is it to say "SAAMI cut chamber - 0.136" bolt face depth"?

We should as a buying public insist that company we buy a barrel from needs to list this exact description on their product page - otherwise no $$$.

Comment

• kcb38
            Warrior
            • Jun 2017

From AR15.com:

Originally Posted By BallisticAdvantage:

These chambers are indeed SAAMI-spec. We verified our reamers with the manufacturer to be 100% certain...

-Tony @ BA
            - Kirk -

Comment

• Lastrites
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

One thing is for certain, their marketing description needs adjustment.

Comment

• bj139
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2017

BA did follow through in finding the correct information which I find most impressive.

Comment

• drewthebrave
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2016

Now that we have a response from BA, can someone edit the title of this thread? It's misleading now that we have more information.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

Would if I could, but can't... Hope Tony closes the loop with BA's web admin to get their Grendel descriptions corrected...
                    DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• kevperro
                      Bloodstained
                      • Apr 2017

Originally posted by drewthebrave View Post
                      Now that we have a response from BA, can someone edit the title of this thread? It's misleading now that we have more information.
                      I don't see anything wrong with it. If BA went in and changed all their descriptions so that they cleared up the confusion this thread could end on a very positive note for them.

That would take what..... 15-minutes of editing?

Comment

Working...
                      X