• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Profit Joseph Sith
    Warrior
    • Nov 2016

Suggestions on case camparitor

Finally purchasing some of the last needed equipment for reloading, thinking about getting the
    Brownells/Sinclair 749-011-959MB XL Bullet Comparator & Bump Gage Body. http://www.brownells.com/reloading/m...prod34014.aspx
    This is the larger silver one.
    Is there a better one?
    I read the Hornady one uses aluminum inserts. I'm not entirely a fan of that. Bigger issue to me is I want versatility having the larger body so I can measure loaded cases is what seals it for me. But these are the only two I know of. Will be using mititoyo digi-o-matics if it matters. Want to measure ogive and shoulder bump all that good stuff as well as anything else to which I'm currently ignorant of.
    Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 06-18-2017, 01:55 AM.
  • Bill257
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2015

Hornady does use aluminum inserts, but I'm measuring clean soft metal using the pressure of the thumb wheel on my calipers -- not worried about them wearing out.

The Sinclair sounds better, but has surprisingly poor reviews, especially on the bullet compartior inserts. I find the bullet compartor measurement the one of most commonly done so this insert is an important part. (most bad reviews seem to be related to VLD bullets,so if your shooting something else it may not be an issue)

I think either will measure loaded or empty cases. Also learned the Sinclair inserts fit the Hornady body. So if you have a good experience with the Sinclair report back and those already using the Hornady body can try it our for the cost of an insert.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X