• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiloechoxray
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2017

Breaking in a new barrel.

I got one of those BCA 20" SS heavies from classic and the upper is ready to go get warmed up this weekend.

I built this purely as a range queen and it'll likely get fed mostly all the Tula/wolf I foolishly bought.

Thing is I don't necessarily want to scorch out this barrel. (If the upper performs admirably who knows, maybe it'll replace my hunting uppers)

What is the best way to break in a new barrel? I have my method of shooting 5 rounds, cleaning out and then repeating a few more times then GTG.

Is there a better way?
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Opinions vary. I am in the crowd of just shoot it, then clean when accuracy drops off, or function is affected. Others shoot three, clean, rinse and repeat 10x.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• tro714
      Unwashed
      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
      Opinions vary. I am in the crowd of just shoot it, then clean when accuracy drops off, or function is affected. Others shoot three, clean, rinse and repeat 10x.
      I'm with Sticks on this one. I use Bore Tech carbon remover every 50 or so rounds and thats it, never a bore brush just patches.

Comment

• ActionDiver
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2017

I too say just shoot it. I researched the heck out of it when I had a custom rifle built with a Kreiger barrel. Kreiger said to shoot it too, besides it is more fun than cleaning!

Comment

Working...
        X