• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pajasonc
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

6.5 grendel fusion msr

Centerfireguns.com has this ammo listed as in stock. 23 bucks a box and shipping for 2 boxes was 8 bucks. I ordered two boxes this is the first place I have seen it in stock.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Good to see this starting to trickle in.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• ronmat
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2017

Man thanks for the info. I will order

Comment

• ronmat
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

just ordered 2 boxes to try out

Comment

• pajasonc
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by ronmat View Post
          Man thanks for the info. I will order
          will let everyone know how it shoots out of my rifle,18" AA barrel. dont have a chronograph but will post group size

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Thanks for the update, I've been waiting on this stuff for quite awhile the Fusion ammo in my 30.06 is very accurate! I bought 5 boxes..

Comment

• pajasonc
              Warrior
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by pajasonc View Post
              will let everyone know how it shoots out of my rifle,18" AA barrel. dont have a chronograph but will post group size
              Well got the fusion ammo and went out to test today. First fired a 3 shot group with hornady amax, I was not on to start the day and the 3 shot group was 2"! Next fired a 3 shot group of fusion ammo came in around 1.5" and second round failed to feed, after further inspection it was the first round failing to extract that was the problem. Cleared jam and fired the next two rounds. Decided to dial my scope in a bit better and again had a failure to eject on the 1st shot, decided to try my lehigh bolt, after that no more failures in the first box of ammo. Don't know why my precision firearms bolt was having issues as I haven't had a problem with hornady or wolf. Its something to keep a eye on with the fusion. I shot a 5 shot group with fusion which came in at just a bit under 1.5"(which after 3 shots was a bit under 1"). Also fired another 3 shot group of the hornday amax which was right at 1"(which is pretty much typical of this gun with me pulling the trigger!) Wasn't using a rest just a cheap bipod so groups might be a hair tighter with bags. All in all I was pretty happy with the fusion's accuracy(which they shoot great in my 308's) A little disappointed that the precision firearms bolt had issues with the ammo(it never has with hornady or wolf) but the lehigh bolt worked with the following 16 rounds.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

Thanks for the range report . I just put in order for 2 boxes . I'm not expecting 1/2moa groups ,but if I can get 1 to 1.5 moa I will be very happy . I'll only use it for hunting deer or coyotes . I have Hornady for the bug holes on paper and ringing steel . What barrel do you have ?

Comment

• Kilco
                  Chieftain
                  • Jan 2016

I've never used the fusion stuff before.. how do these bullets perform terminally?

Comment

• pajasonc
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
                    Thanks for the range report . I just put in order for 2 boxes . I'm not expecting 1/2moa groups ,but if I can get 1 to 1.5 moa I will be very happy . I'll only use it for hunting deer or coyotes . I have Hornady for the bug holes on paper and ringing steel . What barrel do you have ?
                    18" fluted stainless steel Alexander Arms.

Comment

• pajasonc
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                      I've never used the fusion stiff before.. how do these bullets perform terminally?
                      No idea at grendel velocities, I would guess very well down to 2000 or 2200 fps. Used them in my 308 on 2 deer but only at around 80 and 100 yards. They seemed to expand pretty violently at 2700 fps, one went through both shoulders and exited other was double lung. They are a bonded bullet.

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

Federal ammo- is a conservative loading company. The have had a few - oopses in the past of a pallet of high pressure loads leaving the scene/store. If they are too slow--- they errr on the side of caution. I know, I was part of them getting into the Grr scene, plus the Handbook gents., They gave me the H books to hand over to a couple reluctant engineers to start the Grrr project locally.

Then my data-some of it....

It will figure itself out thru a few of us here.

Plus a few other Feddy plants in USA. Lake City

Fusion is a bonded core bullet - like a Hornady Interbond pill, minus the tip-best for normal hunting ranges of-300 yds. or less. Its awesome...

Team effort - by accident- it worked out., that some decent ammo -- And -- More! -is on the market. Working on prices now. I am a busy guy. For all of us.

Good to have Feddy on board is my best comment. Metal prices are lower on the markets lately---- should see some better prices just from that.

More .22 Lr ammo is on market too. And lower costs are seen in USA.
                        Last edited by sneaky one; 06-29-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Dinny
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2016

Thanks for the tip! I received 2 boxes today. I'll test them in my Howa Mini as soon as it gets out of the shop.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• paul foreman
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jun 2017

this is good news ...

Comment

• TMac
                              Unwashed
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                              I've never used the fusion stuff before.. how do these bullets perform terminally?
                              Have used Fusion a bunch for deer and cow elk out of 25-06, 260, 270, and 280. All but one of my rifles shot it well, 1 ish moa or better. Probably 30 kills or so. It performs more like a regular cup and core bullet than what most would expect of a bonded bullet. It works much like a Rem corelokt or Hornady interlock. So I consider it a softer bonded bullet than an Accubond or Interbond, from these cartridges. On a few longer range kills, 300-400, where velocity had dropped, it works nearly perfect IMO, On some closer shots on elk, 50-100, it has fragmented in some cases. It exits on every deer so far. It is advertised as deer ammo and excels there, and has worked well on cow elk for us too.

I have two boxes on the way for my Grendel, I expect near perfect performance out to 300 or so at Grendel velocities. If my Howa mini likes it, I plan to try it on cow elk in early August.

Comment

Working...
                              X