• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Looks like they are selling fast.

$399 for a suppressor upgrade is a killer deal. So is the LT-104 deal.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BjornF16
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Are LaRue's barrels cut rifled or button rifled?
      LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
      Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Sandstorm
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2016

Picked up a LT104 mount last week on sale, just couln't pass a deal like that.
        I will have to pass on the nice ass rifle though.
        My AA works just fine.

Comment

• 85_Ranger4x4
          Warrior
          • Nov 2016

I thought it was weird they didn't make anything when I was on the market.

Comment

• Apparition
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
            Perfection takes time

Comment

• sneaky one
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Bft and I have shot together more than a few times. Ask him who built his rifle years back. Larue., It's a very nice rifle--- AA quality .

Same stuff - get the best, at decent prices., from all the current Grrr rifle builders.

Maybe Bft can post a pic of his first Grrr. It is nice.

I did send rounds down range with it. We swapped same as ammo thru both our rifles - no issues at all..

sammi spec's are the key here. swap an upper to another at will.
              Last edited by sneaky one; 07-07-2017, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• Swinestalker
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2017

Been on my Howa mini action kick for awhile. Don't need anymore ARs. Now this! In FDE no less! May be more than I can bear.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by 85_Ranger4x4 View Post
                  After Mark made his 405yd shot on that bull elk up in Wyoming and sent out Christmas cards to LaRue customers about it, I thought for sure he would start making LaRue Stealth Grendels.

That was 10 years ago, so why the long wait?

The market was still ripe for making margins on a quality 7.62 NATO AR10-type rifle, which is what LaRue did with the OBR.

On the quality large frame guns, the margins are way higher than AR15s, especially if you make all the major components in-house, which is what LaRue did with the OBR.

Now that the market is flooded with cheap imitation AR10s selling for under $700 that are hit-and-miss reliability-wise, and flooded with $399 AR15s that will actually run for 500rds or more, it's hard to give away 5.56 guns in some cases.

We're seeing more variant cartridge AR15s becoming popular, to the point that 90% of AR15s are now being made in 5.56, whereas the variant chambering market is growing rapidly.

As a businessman, it makes sense now for LaRue to keep his premium AR15s competitive by finally offering the 6.5 Grendel chambering.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kilco
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2016

The explosion of this cartridge in 16-17 has been amazing
                    More and more of my suppliers are now selling AA products, Odin Works, and many others. I'm also getting more and more customers every day coming in and asking me "what's a grendel?"

Now with Federal making a varmint, Hunting, match, and an American eagle OTM ammo, it's only going to get more popular.

Comment

• TTNuge
                      Unwashed
                      • Apr 2017

I've been fighting the urge since these were announced and the fact that they are still available isn't helping. I almost broke down and ordered last night. Still fighting it today.

Comment

• styner1989
                        Unwashed
                        • Dec 2016

This looks like a sweet rife. If I had not already purchased everything for my current 6.5 build I would probably make the purchase.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

Looks like I have one on the way.

Told my wife it was from the guy who sends us that great Dillo Dust for our chicken. She's a master on the grill, and my waistline can be submitted for evidence of that.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Chrazy-Chris
                            Warrior
                            • Aug 2015

LRRPF52-

That's awesome! I look forward to your review! I know that you've had quite a bit of experience building and successfully getting your own Grendels to shoot lights out. What was it about the Larue deal that made you decide to bite the bullet?

I was reallyyyyy trying to justify one but the 260 OBR is my dream gun so I figured I'll keep holding out a few more decades until I can afford that. That and I am still unlocking the potential from my home-built 20" Grendel.

Comment

• Crabtree
                              Unwashed
                              • Nov 2016

LRRPF52 - Congratulations. I say this humbly, because of what you know of Grendel's and quality rifles, but I believe you're going to love this gun. I bought one the minute they went on sale, because I love Grendel's and LaRue rifles, and I didn't know for sure how long they'd be around. I'm glad they still are, because folks that like the 6.5 in a good quality gun need to take a look at these. I'm picky about accuracy, but it shoots sub 1/2 with reasonably priced factory ammo. It's just solid as a rock but lightweight, key mod rail was better than expected, and I expected it to be great anyway. Pleasure to shoot (that brake is awesome too). They are just by far the best "factory" Grendel rifle I've personally ever seen, and a better overall package than my custom/semi-custom gun, and it was put together base on exactly what I wanted.

Comment

• keystone183
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                                Looks like I have one on the way
                                Personal purchase or demo?

Comment

Working...
                                X