• danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Wow, gorgeous!!! So range today?!?!?!?

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

Unlikely, as LRRPF52 is still recovering from a torn achilles tendon. Heal faster, Dude!!!
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• danm
        Warrior
        • Aug 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
        Unlikely, as LRRPF52 is still recovering from a torn achilles tendon. Heal faster, Dude!!!
        Ouch... must've missed that... Nasty injury, I had a buddy in high school that cut his completely when he slipped on his bmx pedal...

Comment

• BjornF16
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

LaRue Deep Hole Drilling:

Interesting video, but that doesn't tell me how they rifle the barrel, only drill the initial hole (unless I missed something in the video)
          LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
          Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• carlhwv
            Bloodstained
            • May 2017

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
            LaRue Deep Hole Drilling:

Interesting video, but that doesn't tell me how they rifle the barrel, only drill the initial hole (unless I missed something in the video)
            I'm pretty sure polygonal rifled like Lothar barrels that were usd b fore bringing the barrel process in hous..
            Carl
            NRA Patron Member, frequent supporter of the ILA, when knives are on offer
            Living free and willing to lay it down to keep it that way......
            Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• Cleric
              Unwashed
              • Feb 2017

So I have been debating a Grendel for a while. I cracked and bought the larue. I have always wanted a larue and thought this was a good value. My plan is to make this my hunting gun. To start will use hornady sst

Comment

• danm
                Warrior
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
                So I have been debating a Grendel for a while. I cracked and bought the larue. I have always wanted a larue and thought this was a good value. My plan is to make this my hunting gun. To start will use hornady sst
                Awesome! When's range time???

Comment

• LRRPF52
                  Super Moderator
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                  This past year has been pretty rough on me and my family.

First had a stroke last August, got diagnosed with a life-changing auto-immune disorder that attacks my anti-clotting factors, then snapped my Achilles in May. It's been extremely difficult on my wife.

We just think we're getting a handle on things, when the ceiling bows out into a bubble downstairs. Water leak, which needed to be repaired. I can't help much at all other that stand around and look useless, while we have to call on help from others.

Out of the blue, I get an email from Mark LaRue that he's sending me a Stealth 2.0 rifle. Everyone here knows I'm probably the last one that needs another 18" Grendel.

This gift really lifted our spirits, and reminded me that I needed to be more generous to others. I can't think of the last time someone ever did something this nice for us.
                  NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Fredman
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

Sorry to here you're having health issues LR, hoping for a fast recovery. I'm 57 and dodging issues( minus back issues). I've got a close friend that has leukemia , and another that had chest pains and found out he had three arteries completely blocked. You never know what's around the corner. My secret, eat, drink, and be merry!

That was a stellar thing for Mark Larue to do. If you have too many ARs and no room, my address is......

Good luck!

Comment

• Cleric
                      Unwashed
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by danm View Post
                      Awesome! When's range time???
                      Truth be told will be a while. Can't figure out which optic...

Thinking either 1-6 pst2 or 1.5-8 xtr2

May just slap a 4-16 pst1 I have laying around for fun

Comment

• stangfan94
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        This past year has been pretty rough on me and my family.

First had a stroke last August, got diagnosed with a life-changing auto-immune disorder that attacks my anti-clotting factors, then snapped my Achilles in May. It's been extremely difficult on my wife.

We just think we're getting a handle on things, when the ceiling bows out into a bubble downstairs. Water leak, which needed to be repaired. I can't help much at all other that stand around and look useless, while we have to call on help from others.

Out of the blue, I get an email from Mark LaRue that he's sending me a Stealth 2.0 rifle. Everyone here knows I'm probably the last one that needs another 18" Grendel.

This gift really lifted our spirits, and reminded me that I needed to be more generous to others. I can't think of the last time someone ever did something this nice for us.
                        I might not have a sweet rifle to give you but you do have my thanks. It was your well thought out posts and endless useful information and advice that got me interested in the 6.5G in the first place. 30 minutes ago I finished building my first grendel AR and I can't wait to hit the range! Thanks for what you do and keep it up!

Comment

• DuneShoot
                          Bloodstained
                          • Feb 2017

Hope all ends up well for you.
                          Looking forward to your range report when you're able.

Comment

• carlhwv
                            Bloodstained
                            • May 2017

Originally posted by stangfan94 View Post
                            I might not have a sweet rifle to give you but you do have my thanks. It was your well thought out posts and endless useful information and advice that got me interested in the 6.5G in the first place. 30 minutes ago I finished building my first grendel AR and I can't wait to hit the range! Thanks for what you do and keep it up!
                            Goes double for me. I never heard of a Grendel let alone dreamed of building an entire rifle before reading your stuff LR. Now that I've built two I can honestly say that while I love LaRues stuff...I've got more than one....that my current Grendel, while maybe not looking as pretty, shoots so well I can't justify spending 2k on another one. Without your guidance no way in hell would this have been possible. Get well soon and thanks for all you do to make us all better.
                            Carl
                            Eternally grateful to my brothers and sisters that did and to those who strap it on each day so that we may enjoy life the way we do

Comment

• carlhwv
                              Bloodstained
                              • May 2017

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
                              Truth be told will be a while. Can't figure out which optic...

Thinking either 1-6 pst2 or 1.5-8 xtr2

May just slap a 4-16 pst1 I have laying around for fun
                              I've shot my 6.5G with a Leupold Mark6 1-6, Mark4 4.5-14, and VX6 2-12. As I'm going to be using this as a hunting rifle, max 400 yards, I like the 2-12 the best, as it gives me great close in views, while being able to crank it up for the drop at 400. I'm using a 200yd zero. Still working on the load....looking at the ABLR 129gr and ttsx 100gr.
                              Carl

Comment

• ccasanova
                                Warrior
                                • Mar 2016

If someone posts some tight groups with factory Hornady Amax or SST I'd pick up the upper.

My heart says please do...wife and wallet says please don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X