• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
    It's getting hard to hold my breath, so in an effort to make myself a prophet,
    And successfully having made myself a prophet, I got another shipping number splashed all over my order status page.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Cleric
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2017

Truth be told I would skip the larue rifle. I bought it and am now regretting it. You can buy the ultimate upper kit and lower for a few hundred less and have them build it. It is essentially the same gun at a reduced price

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
        Truth be told I would skip the larue rifle. I bought it and am now regretting it. You can buy the ultimate upper kit and lower for a few hundred less and have them build it. It is essentially the same gun at a reduced price
        They can build the upper but not the full rifle.

They have to build, test-fire, and pay Federal excise tax on complete rifles.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• 1911man
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Originally posted by Cleric View Post
          I could see how people who bought the complete rifles might be upset that now you can buy a kit with a lower and complete the rifle yourself for $400-$500 less but as LRRP52 mentions its a different cost to LaRue to sell it this way. Also, I believe the real value in buying the whole package comes in with the extras they offered like the scope, mount, and suppressor at a reduced price. If you bought the whole package it could be a really nice deal, but it really depends on someone needing those items.

Comment

• Kilco
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2016

If I were to buy one it would be the whole thing. Not knocking guys buying the upper kits at all, as a matter of fact I don't blame you a bit.. however I would deff want the complete Larue Rifle to hang over my bench.

Luckily for me I have two toddlers and a mortgage, and I've been a year talking my wife into letting purchase a higher end MV/Thermal device, so me and Larue are going to have to wait awile..

Comment

• Joseph5
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

If you buy the Ultimate kit they will sell you a lower receiver also and you will have a complete Larue to hang over your bench.

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
                If you buy the Ultimate kit they will sell you a lower receiver also and you will have a complete Larue to hang over your bench.
                Touche.. wow I didn't know that..

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

The only way to get the FDE complete rifle that I know of is to buy the complete rifle from Larue. I don't think Larue is selling the lower in FDE. Other than that, I can't find a reason to buy the complete rifle, now that the discounted extras are available to the UU buyers.
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• 1911man
                    Warrior
                    • May 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                    The only way to get the FDE complete rifle that I know of is to buy the complete rifle from Larue. I don't think Larue is selling the lower in FDE. Other than that, I can't find a reason to buy the complete rifle, now that the discounted extras are available to the UU buyers.
                    Im pretty sure they are selling the lower in FDE.

Comment

• Joseph5
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2012

The email I received from them after my UU Kit was delivered stated that they had lowers in stock ready to ship but if you wanted them coated to match your upper it would be a week for them to go out.

Comment

• Mrvmax17
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2017

New guy here on the forum (but been around for a while and am on numerous other forums). I ordered the upper kit and stripped lower on the weekend of the 16th, I'm in Texas and I thought I would get my stuff this weekend to assemble (I have a hunting trip coming up and I want to take this rifle). I could not pass this deal and although I didn't want yet another different caliber to load for I did it anyway. I have a new night vision scope I plan on using on this rifle. I called LaRue the 20th and asked when it would ship, they stated they were out of boxes and buffers and it would be the end of next week before it shipped. I really want to use this on my hunting trip so I called them back and asked if I can pay extra and have them ship what they have right now and ship the buffer later. Their customer service dude said if they did that there was no way to track the buffer and I would never get it. I said no problem, I do not need it anyway just ship my stuff (I explained to him why). He said it wouldn't matter, it would still be the end of next week before it ships.
                        I am actually a part time FFL so I have received a few of their complete rifles over the years but I have never bought from the before. I can say that so far their customer service is lacking. First, how do you run out of boxes? Second, what is so hard about making a new tracking number to track a buffer? What is so hard about not shipping the buffer and packing up what they have and shipping? I spoke with two different customer service reps and it sounds like they just do not care to do anything to help me out. It is not that difficult to leave out the buffer and ship it to me. I am not impressed thus far, I hope this is the end of the disappointment with them.

Comment

• jpistolero02
                          Unwashed
                          • Aug 2017

I swapped out my gas block for a SLR Sentry 7 and hit the range this morning. I thought I had a good load ready to go, but it didn't shoot worth a darn. I am not sure if the Sentry 7 changed the harmonics or what, but I will have to hit the drawing board. I did shoot some of the ammo that came in my LaRue goody box and it was on the money with those loads. The rifle shoots much more pleasant now that I can tune the gas block. When shooting suppressed last weekend my rounds were ejecting all over the place. This morning they were being thrown in a neat little pile at my 4.

I gave up on my SST load after I saw it wasn't grouping and decided to fire them as fast as I could and still be accurate. I believe I fired 15-20 rounds in this one group. I lost track when I stopped to reload. You can see it groups ok, but it was nothing like the McCourt ammo or Hornady Black.

Comment

• Joseph5
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2012

It may not be a less than half inch group but aside from 3 rounds it made a less than 1 inch hole for 12 -17 rounds rapid fire and a 1.5 inch group if you count the 3 outliers. That is impressive no matter how you look at it! I have my upper assembled and I might try it out just to function test it because I do not have a scope for it yet. I am going to use some Alumahyde II to make a couple of lowers FDE either tomorrow or Thursday so I can finish putting everything together.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                              Chieftain
                              • Oct 2016

It's finally coming together. Things will move fast now that the optic is atop the laser Grendel. Larue gave me .497 for a test group to beat the shootist. I think I've got my work cut out. Good. I like a challenge. As a plus, (the only one I can think of, considering the circumstances) I've got more magnification than the Larue shooter did...

A big thanks to my buddy Nuggin for keeping me straight when it started going sideways.

Here's to moving forward! Groups hopefully this weekend, will report back.

IMG_6451 (Medium).JPGIMG_6450 (Medium).JPGIMG_6453 (Medium).JPG

Comment

• jpistolero02
                                Unwashed
                                • Aug 2017

Keep us posted KS. I love reading about other people's experience. It's really a sweet deal for the price.

Comment

Working...
                                X